Sunday, June 20, 2010

Green Blues

Celtics head coach Doc Rivers found a quiet location to do a radio interview before Game 7.

Doc Rivers desperately tries to call Fenway Park for a decent hot dog. Or a recording of "Sweet Caroline." Or something.

Not to bitch, dear reader. Not to complain.
Before starting the cliche-fest (you can't win them all), let me just say that we don't like the Lakers. We intensely dislike them.
But as I have noted before, at least they are not the Yankees.
Those guys we do hate.
And we won two years ago. That was sweet.
Golden Power, a group of Hungarian acrobats who were providing the halftime entertainment, practiced in the hallway during Game 6.

These are Hungarian acrobats who provided entertainment in LA during half time.

Dr. Freud? Are you there?
Can you turn up the World Cup radio program, please? This basketball thing is boring.

NBA super fan Jimmy Goldstein (right) brought Danish supermodel Amalie Wichmahn to Game 6.

All these pix are from the Boston Globe (THANK YOU!) and this one identified these two people as celebrities. I can't remember who. The guy looks a little bit like a very aged and wizened Henry Winkler. The girl must be his niece, I guess.

Anyway, it's time to get over the loss. (Cliches approaching!)

Let it go.
Move ahead.
Better days are coming.
You've gotten over worse.
Other things are worth more. Here are two.











Enough said.

Go Red Sox.

Tune in next time, dear reader, to see why I may bring a lawsuit against ....well, wait and see. Seriously.
A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 2:30 AM , Blogger Eileen said...

I guess the deciding game happened while I was recuperating from 2 weeks @ the high school in Plaistow, NH (substitute-teaching German, not attending). I did notice that things were very quiet the past couple of days, and now I know why. Better luck next year, I guess. I don't really follow sports (tho' I do know my German soccer teams!), yet I'm smart enough not to diss whichever Boston team is playing at the moment.

Cute kid pics --- wouldn't those darlings like a cat? I know someone who'd love to come live with them! Just say the word!

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Haha, Eileen, they already have two cats! The children love the cats, the cats hate the children. The baby likes to drape herself over the cat and pin it down. Future wrestler, I'm thinking.

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Hmm, a lawsuit eh? Is it one of these deals??

I watched exactly one Celtics game this season. Guess which one! So far I've withheld my jinx from the World Cup team...

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

HAHAHA, sm, good one!
I WISH!

NO, it's something I ate! Be careful of yogurt!

 
At 1:10 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Uh oh, you don't think the dairy department at Hannaford found out about the blog do you??

I actually check the dates on every package because I have known my store to leave out expired things and put the old stuff in front. Years ago I caught on to them rubbing out the date stamps in foil top on yogurt cups, as a matter of fact. I dunno if they still do, but a lot of price tags are suspiciously placed I think. I'm very particular about all this in the store. And yet, after it's been sitting in my fridge for two weeks past the deadline I've been known to eat a cup anyway...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home