Sunday, May 09, 2010

Saturday at Well Read Books

The rain was coming down, but spirits were high. Well Read Books in Plaistow NH is a great place to poke around and get an unexpected "find." I came away with a delicious biography of Dorothy Parker. It was great fun.
How did I get away without a picture of Jeff, the owner, his lovely family, and Eileen, my buddy? Somehow I did.



I signed some books.


I signed the wall.
(not the Berlin Wall--ask Eileen about that!)
And I even came home with a lovely new mug and saucer.
I'm not used to the luxury of a saucer and I may switch to this full time.
And so now I'm back in my regular routine. I'm almost finished grading, though I was about ready to explode at some of the, um, poor quality of submissions.
"The second amendment clearly says 'you have the right to keep and bare arms.'" AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. And on that note.....
"He couldn't bare his living conditions." AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.
And the somewhat more perplexing..."The death penalty could kill innocent by standards."
And finally, who can argue with the fear of knowing that... "lives are at steak."
Happy Mother's Day, dear reader. Go call your mom!
love,
becky

6 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Believe me, it was NO accident that you didn't get a photograph of me! Ever since I worked for the military (you recall as what), I've not allowed myself to be photographed except for passports, drivers licenses and mug shots. So there!

You forgot to mention that your souvenir mug came from the renowned manufacturer Villeroy & Boch.

Thanks so much for trekking up to the bookstore in Plaistow and we hope you'll come back after your second book is published. Happy Mother's Day to you!

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I will take extra care of the V&B, Eileen! Thank you again!

 
At 5:37 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Well done you! You look so delicious sitting there at the signing table. Can't wait for your next book ... hope I can purchase a signed one! :)

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thank you, Kay. I'm hoping!

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Hi! I am a new reader of your book and just LOVED it!

My BFF and I go to Florida every year over Mother's Day and I was looking for something fun and not too serious to read as when you are on the beach you are interrupted many times. It is all of those young male bodies that do it!

As I was reading, I laughed out loud MANY times! Jeanie and Meg sound exactly like Connie and I and we even say some of the things you said in the book. It was too funny and the looks I got for laughing at a book were just fine. I recommended it to all that wondered.

They were thinking of calling the guys with the funny coat but I managed to escape!

I just had to tell you that it was a great book and can't wait for more!

P.S. I suck at grammar but I read quite well!


Thanks again for a great read!

Karen Patty
karen.patty@att.net

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh Karen, THANK YOU. That is wonderfully kind of you to say that. I really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home