Sunday, March 14, 2010

Guess My Spring Break


The big vacay in the fall semester is Thanksgiving. It is rushed and unsatisfying, spent mostly in airplanes or McDonald's lines inside of airports. It is over almost before it begins.

Spring break seems much more leisurely, since it starts the week before. So many schedules no longer include Friday (like mine), that as soon as you finish your last Thursday class, you are on spring break. Some students do not bother to attend that last class before break, so I guess it is even more leisurely for them.

Now of course not everyone goes somewhere. Some people have other jobs. They work at Friendly's or the 99 or Dunkin' Donuts and have to show up whether they're on vacay or not. Hats off to them. That's not me, though. I am leaving town.

I am getting all my school work done beforehand so I can really enjoy myself. I've got my camera packed and my book of crosswords.


I have stopped the mail and asked someone to roll my trash toter. I have done the dishes and cleaned the sink.
Broadway Shows

I even changed the sheets on my bed. Who wants to come home to a disheveled bed? I put away almost the last of the Christmas decs, except for the tree of course, which is still in the window. It is embarrassed and has started begging me to move it.
I told it to eat shit and die, which I know seems cruel, but I have to get a willing assistant in here to move the beast.



Recently, when Maeve was here, she kept asking me things like, "what's that?" and "what are those?"
The answer to every question was, "A bunch of junk."
I am heading for a Really Big Purge of this joint.
But not yet. Not this week. Where do you think I'm going, dear reader?

I ain't tellin'. My lips are sealed. Mum's the word. Tune in next week to find out and hope I haven't bought another jacket.

"My parents were very strict and never gave an inch about doing my choirs."

A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

You don't fool me one bit. You're off to Centralia, PA, before it sinks into the ground for good. They have souvenir hats & jackets there, too. Or else you're going to Hershey Park. I've good things about it, too.

Gute Reise! (read: bon voyage)

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Danke Schoen....did I get that right, Eileen?

Nope, not going to PA. I used to live there, in Media and Newtown Square.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

No fair for me to guess...


Avery pointed to the ceiling and said, "What's that?"

"Just crud." (A cobweb, precisely.)

She waved at the ceiling. "Hi crud!"

 
At 12:47 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Hmm let's see, where do the girls-gone-wild and keg-stand crowd go? Cancun, Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona Beach? So I'll guess NOT there...

If you're on the Cape you might be getting a summer preview this week, weather-wise, though if you dip your toe in the Atlantic I'm sure you'll be reminded that it's still March!

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

One of these days I trust it will be NZ! (But not this time round would be my guess). Wherever - enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home