Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not Another One

Where will it end? When will it stop?

I have an outerwear problem. I admit it to the world. I already own numerous coats and jackets. There is nothing wrong with any of them.

And I don't need clothes at all.

I just went to Italy for cripes sake.

I am trying to live with what my son calls a clamp on the wallet.

I'm taking deep breaths.


But dear reader, every store --EVERY STORE-- saves its one cute perfect jacket for when I walk in. Even stores with horrible schmattes and leftovers seem to possess one. They see me coming in and they rush to display it.

Uh, not this one, thanks. We don't want to frighten the populace.
It's driving me crazy. I don't want to name all my jackets. I don't want to and no one can make me, though I might if you contact me privately and speak in low neutral tones. It has to be at night with the lights off.

But it's a lot. The number is high. The Traveling Feast took our winter sojourn down to the Cape this weekend. Good fun, way too much food and drink, the usual.

I announced to my friends that I would just be windowshopping on this trip. I was happy and content with my role as sidekick and consultant to purchasers other than myself.

I did okay for a couple of stops. But you know? You can't let your guard down. Ever.

We walked into a lonely little shop (theme from Jaws) and I sensed it. (DAH dum) I felt it. (DAH dum) I could feel its eyes on me. (DDDDAAAAAAAdum) and then we saw each other. You can't stand in the way of love, dear reader. BLAM. A darling darling white ski-type of smushy smoothness, oh dear reader, what was I to do?

What would Peyton Manning do, I wondered.
Manning
I gave it careful thought, keeping in mind that he will probably blow out the Saints next weekend. And the answer came to me in a vision: Who the fk cares what Peyton Manning says about my jacket. My vision also suggested that I stop thinking about Peyton Manning to start with. He's nerdy. And it's my business alone. I'm free from him. He's not the boss of me. Goddammit.

So fk Peyton Manning! Yaay! I bought it. It's yummy. I can wear it to watch the Super Bowl and I hope the Saints kick Peyton's ass. He's got a lot of nerve pushing me around.





Winter Capesters








Go Saints!
love,
becky

9 Comments:

At 2:03 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'm with you on the Saints! I didn't bother to watch the Pro Bowl though -- did you? Did anyone in New England??

Your jacket story reminded me of this SNL skit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bxtF0NArQ

 
At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Amy said...

You bought a puffy coat!!!

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I did not watch the Pro Bowl, sm--I am not personall aware of any New Englanders who did. That's a great ski on Suze. Her jackets are a-okay.

Amy--you're right, I went puffy! I'm loving it!

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

My keyboard is having a geriatric crisis. It can't keep up with my fingers--sorry about the errors.

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can totally see why you couldn't walk past that smooth'n'yummy number!

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Kay. I couln't resist. And now for a bigger clamp.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

And here I am thinking I need another jacket. I have this awesome black wool peacoat I love to bits and have worn constantly for four years on every cold day. BUT. It gets covered with my dog's white hairs and sometimes I need something more outdoorsy, say, for sledding with the kiddos...

Love your new coat!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Aw, thanks, Kris.

Do it! Buy it! There are some great bargains out there right now. Believe it or not, RIGHT AFTER I bought this one, I saw another one, red, down the street. I was strong, though.:)

 
At 4:18 AM , Blogger eda said...

角色扮演|跳蛋|情趣跳蛋|煙火批發|煙火|情趣用品|SM|
按摩棒|電動按摩棒|飛機杯|自慰套|自慰套|情趣內衣|
live119|live119論壇|
潤滑液|內衣|性感內衣|自慰器|
充氣娃娃|AV|情趣|衣蝶|
情趣用品,情趣,
G點|性感丁字褲|吊帶襪|丁字褲|無線跳蛋|性感睡衣|

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home