Monday, November 09, 2009

Excuses, excuses

At this time in the semester, I am deluged with excuses. Buried. Swamped. They (the authors)are always very sorry.

"Dear Professor Motew,
I am so sorry for missing class. I am extremely sorry to bother you. I am sorrier than I can say for my miserable existence.."
OKAY, OKAY, WE'RE SORRY. OUR HEADS ARE BOWED. GET ON WITH IT.
"I know I wasn't supposed to miss any more class, but when I woke up on Tuesday, I had terrible stomach pains and panic attacks. My roommate said I looked awful, although it could have been the fact that I was out till 4 and plastered out of my mind."
YES MAYBE IT COULD HAVE BEEN THAT.
"I was wondering if you could tell me if I missed anything."
NO, YOU MISSED NOTHING. NOTHING OF THE LEAST VALUE WAS UTTERED IN CLASS. YOU WERE FAR BETTER OFF AT HOME HUNG OVER--AND MAY I USE THAT AS A BOOK TITLE?
"Is there any assignment?"
DO THE WORDS "CHECK THE SYLLABUS" MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? DO YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT THAT MEANS?
"Again I am very very sorry for all of this."
NO PROBLEM.

There are lots and lots of variations on this theme. Sometimes they say there has been a death in the family, but they don't say who it is. I don't mean to be rude, but this makes me wonder if it is the dog. Or they say they have "stuff" going on. Oh of course--stuff! Why didn't you say so?

"It was a wonderful accomplishment and to me felt like winning the gold metal."

"I was leaning over the bed in dyer pain."

[hairdressers experience this if a color goes really bad]





In other news, Maeve turned three. Where has the time gone? She'll be going out to the prom before I know it.







Molly is getting big, shown here expressing her worry that owner of finger will not come back with proper food.



Par-TAY!!!!
love,
becky
p.s. half pound more lost--yaaay!

6 Comments:

At 11:50 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

If you wore that snazzy Army shirt to class I'll bet you could get those sad sorry students to do push-ups for penance!

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

My god, how did you even tell it was an Army shirt? That was my Halloween costume. Sharp eye, sm.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Look at those beautiful grandbabies! You lucky slender granny, you.

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Awwww, thank you, Kris! I love having them!

 
At 12:44 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

What can I say, this iMac has a nice screen... I guessed it was Army because I didn't want to look up how to spell camouflage (foiled!).

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Your spelling is correct, sir! Those camo pants are comfy, I must say, too bad I can't wear the whole outfit to work. That would scare 'em!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home