Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Only a Few Moths to Live


That is what a student said about the life expectancy of a character in a movie. And so that is officially the first blooper of the season, dear reader.

I am predictably exhausted and pretty much have my nose buried in a book or a paper at all times.

This girl in Renoir's Young Girl Reading is a bit younger than I am. [HACK HACK. COUGH COUGH.]
Girl Reading by Albert Anker is serious and even looks slightly appalled, as I sometimes do.


Henri Matisse. Interior with a Young Girl (Girl Reading). Paris 1905-06 Matisse's Interior with a Young Girl Reading catches my eye. I like her air of resignation and her ambition in tackling those big tomes.

And finally, I want to be this Girl Reading by Fritz Skade. She is absorbed, at ease, and comfortable. Again a bit younger than I [HACK HACK HACK PHLEGM ATTACK], but whatever.

Uh oh, I was busted on that photo. So here's Picasso's Woman Reading. It almost looks like Octopus Reading.

Be Here Now. A bientot'

love,becky


2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

A GREAT blooper - one of the best - book title even wouldn't you say? :) At least it wasn't a few bookworms to live ...

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You know, you're right. I like it for a title. Thanks, Kay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home