Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Birthday

It was a wonderful birthday. I had a lovely lunch yesterday and will have another lovely lunch tomorrow and this evening, darling Maeve enjoyed several several hilarious games of Grandma Locked in the Closet (I don't think Maeve should mention anything about Grandma being in the closet, do you?). I even got to have a fun discussion of Broadway shows and which one to pick for a high school production. Don't do Oklahoma!! Don't do South Pacific! Yuck and double yuck!


Right now before I call it a day, I have that nice sick dyspeptic feeling of being about to throw up that only comes from too many slices of rich chocolate cake. We also had pizza and antipasto and meatball subs. It makes me think good thoughts such as WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

One of my guests also asked that question. I heard this guest scream when he went upstairs to the bathroom. I forgot I had started to clean out the medicine cabinet.




It looks somewhat disarrayed.












Here is a better look.

I don't know. I'm comfortable with a little mess, I guess. I didn't know I owned this much makeup.






Some people have no room to talk. Some people are weird fanatics.


Anyway, I am going to bed.
Good night, dear reader. I will be ready to start a new year tomorrow. Right now I am treasuring the old one and thankful for the happiness I have had.
love,
becky

6 Comments:

At 5:57 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Happy Birthday dear Becky!
As for 'It makes me think good thoughts such as WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?'
Nothing. Nothing at all. Sweet dreams you sweet thing.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thank you, Kay! I appreciate your kind words.

 
At 1:16 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'd be lying if I suggested my bathroom counters have looked any different than that in recent memory... well, less makeup I guess, but no less clutter.

Surely it's asking too much on one's birthday to deal with such things, though! Glad yours was a happy one.

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, sm. Are your counters as bad as mine? Aw, you're just saying that. I intend to reform soon--cough cough.

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh yes, they are. And arguably worse, since I have a narrow extension beyond the sink that runs along the mirror and that's full too! I'm not sure I'm capable of reform...

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Happy Birthday!

Agree on Oklahoma and South Pacific.

And you should have seen the trash bags (yes, plural) of junk I hauled out of my bathroom this year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home