Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tension

It's all on Buchholz Does this look like an 80-year-old guy wearing a Red Sox hat and scolding a few young 'uns? I TOLD YOU LITTLE PUNKS TO STAY OFF MY FRONT PORCH! NOW GIT!

Well, it isn't. It's Clay Buchholz, dear reader, 25-year-old pitcher for the team, throwing his hardest. This is what you look like when you are throwing hard.

Yikes.
It makes you realize what tension is.
More and more Little Leaguers are feeling the tension. According to an article in last week's NYT,
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/09/magazine/09littleleague-t.html?scp=1&sq=little%20league%20tommy%20john&st=cse
Tommy John surgery is becoming more and more common in LITTLE LEAGUERS!

This is tension I just don't like to think about.

This is Nick Bona, pitcher for Peabody (Ma) West, headed for Little League World Series this weekend. I really hope his arm feels good and that he isn't urged to throw more pitches than it will allow. (thanks to Salem News) And of course I hope they win.

According to rivals.com, of the top 100 high school football players entering the 2009 season, ten are from Texas and none are from Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, or Maine. What's up with that? Are we not big enough? Is a good New England boiled dinner not nutritious enough for the game today?

Nobody would be using illegal substances, would they? No, I'm sure they wouldn't.

We do still have #12:
One benefit of Brady's time off was that he got to spend more time with his family. He briefly addressed that Thursday. 'I'm a very optimistic person. I cherish those moments,'' he said. 'There have been great things happening in my life for a long time. This year was no different in different areas of success with marriage and with children and it's a great part of my life and so is work. So, I'm excited for all of those things coming together. I think I'm a happier person when I'm working.'

shown here demonstrating marriage proposal techniques to other Patriots.

Rambling around today, dear reader. I'll try to get organized if I can. Car dealer is still trying to get me to take "the survey."
A bientot
love,
becky

10 Comments:

At 12:13 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

So much pressure on "kids these days." My own first grader only started Tae Kwon Do lessons (twice a week, nice and easy) last spring and I think he might have been one of the last in his class to start an activity of some sort.

He did break a board, though. Really.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Ha ha, chuckling about TB's "marriaage proposal techniques" -- maybe he's got diamond rings stashed in that hand warmer! "Hey honey, go long!"

Here's a thought -- tell the dealer you're waiting for your first service to decide on the survey.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

A board? A real board, Kris? Yikes, that's pretty impressive. I hope he doesn't get swallowed in the athletic "quest."

sm--I am lmao on that--HONEY, GO LONG!
They offered to give me a FREE oil change, you know, if I "took care" of them on the survey. I'm going to avoid it.

b

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

They need to stop bugging you about that survey. Enough already as you guys say! Over here we'd say something like, Tough biccie mate.

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, I love that! Tough biccie mate. I'm stealing it. Thanks, Kay.

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Well, Becky, it was a very thin board. But yep. It's all in the follow-through... Punch THROUGH the board, grasshopper.

Nah, Sam's not an obsessed athlete. He's obsessed with Star Wars, mostly. And the Titanic. (Long story.)

 
At 12:37 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

What the heck is "biccie"?? Google doesn't seem to have cataloged enough Kiwi sites and so doesn't help much... Or is it short for the biscuits of which you're sometimes chief?

We say "tough beans" sometimes in New England.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

Oooh! Ooooh! I know this one!

Biccie is short for biscuit which is what we call "cookies" here, i.e. "Tough cookies."

Right, Kay? What do I win?

 
At 4:05 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Yes Kristina it is kiwi-ism for tough biscuit aka cookie! (Sandman had an intelligent guess and got it right too!) Prize - a Kiwi dictionary!
Becky, thanks for letting us borrow your comments space for a bit of cross-Atlantic-Pacific banter! :)

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

My pleasure! I love to learn this stuff too.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home