Friday, April 24, 2009

Daydreaming

On a lovely spring day, dear reader, what better than to sit back, accomplish nothing, and reminisce about the past?

This is me back in the day, rushing down the driveway to greet my guests. I have forgotten the occasion, but I did love that dress. You probably didn't know I had pet albino peacocks, but I did. Little Throckmorton was my favorite and lived to be 30. I took him to the prom in a limo.

Here I am a few years later with some very cute but sorryass boyfriend. Ain't it the way, girls? I was trying desperately to make him fulfill his potential, live up to his dreams, or maybe, just maybe, get a job. Alas, he refused. We had some good times and I actually made that bathrobe out of dish towels. There's pancake mix under his arm. He went on to become a hedge fund manager and now works at Jiffy Lube. I'm thinking of taking my car there. Plus ca change, tous ces la meme chose.

Oscar's Best Dresses Over the years, I occasionally dyed my hair. Now and then the PTA would honor me for chairing the Career Day extravaganza year in and year out. You sort of had to put on the dog for that.

This was taken during my Heavy Lipstick Era. At least one pound at all times was my rule. I also liked to drape things over one shoulder, as shown here. Problem was, I kept losing my stuff.

God, this was a very bad choice of boyfriends. He has just told me here that the chicken recipe I thought I was going to make that night was his mother's specialty. How would you feel, dear reader? Also that he has incurred four thousand dollars in parking tickets from using my car. I don't know what he is looking at in the picture, unless it is his suitcase.

This guy never bathed. He was cute, but I couldn't take the hygiene. You can see how sappy I was over him, but in the end I tossed him off that raft and learned how to steer it by myself.

I saved this one for last, dear reader, because it is my favorite. This guy looks a lot like the Unbathed One, but he was far smoother. He read me a big line of horse shit, and I went for it. God, we looked good in hats, though.

Enjoy springtime, my friends.

love,

becky

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Ahhh ... those were the days ... how could Ali Mcgraw or Candice Bergen compare - let alone Gwyneth, Cameron or Catherine (with a C)?
You are definitely the Mega Star of all times Becky! (The hat clinches it.)

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Well, I can dream, can't I? Thanks, Kay.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home