Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Super Bowel

"The Super Bowel was very exciting." Ew. So I hear. This wasn't from a student, dear reader, but some reader of the Globe who wrote into the lonely hearts columnist. Some people are lonely for a reason.
Pittsburgh Steelers chairman Daniel M. Rooney holds the Vince Lombardi trophy after the Steelers' 27-23 win against the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL Super Bowl XLIII football game, Sunday, Feb. 1, 2009, in Tampa, Fla. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)
So anyways. People were getting all moist and teary about the Rooney family in Pittsburgh. We have the Kraft family here for owners, but I don't think anyone sheds tears or dedicates their lives to them, though they seem nice. Some said it might have been the best Super Bowl game ever. It had a close score, lots of exciting plays, and a thrilling finish. But you know what? For the overwhelming number of people who aren't rooting for anyone especially, it's kind of a snoozer. You can keep the volume down and just look up now and then from whatever you're reading.


I meant to get up and push the volume higher as The Boss instructed me to do, but I couldn't move. Is Bruce starting to look more like Nicolas Cage? I know I'm a little crazy, but...



And what about Tony Dungy and Ben Kingsley?


I'm just saying, you know? Especially Ben Kingsley in Gandhi, (worst movie ever).

Imagine Dungy (a good guy and I like him) freaking out those other puffed-up commentators by showing up in an off-the-shoulder toga thingie and sitting crosslegged at the press table while launching into some zone defense spew?
Also, I've decided I would go on a date with John Madden if he asked me. I'm willing.
I think he would be jolly and enjoyable and probably order a good liqueur after dinner that I would enjoy.
Not if he looks like this, though. He'll have to keep his weight down. Also, I don't know if he's married and that would be a deal killer. I was perusing that book He's Not That Into You and I happened to flip to the section on Married Guys. "He's not that into you if he's married," it said. Well, duh.
Meanwhile, what are former Super Bowel MVPs up to? Tommy Boy and G Girl were in Mexico and is there a person alive who is not a little jealous looking at this pic?

Rubbing noses with Gisele Bundchen in Mexico, Tom Brady is trying the patience of his hard-nosed fans everywhere.

A few early bloopers from last time: "Underage drinking is a problem here in the Untied States."
"They can get tax advantages if they are disabled, a minority, or living in poverty without their consent."
"There would be a lot more room for sex offenders, murderers, etc., if we didn't pay so much attnetion to the little things like marijuana."
A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 7:45 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I supplemented my interest in the game by rooting against the Steelers only because they're rivals, which of course backfired...

Former Pat Christian Fauria could barely stand that picture of TB+G in the pool, after they'd covered the feeding-each-other pic, on the sports extra show -- I guess inside the locker room jealousy isn't the first reaction (or at least it's the last to be acknowledged).

Madden looks like Ted Kennedy in that second pic!

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

The "feeding" picture didn't seem that remarkable to me, but this one--yikes. I remember Fauria, good player.

Ted K....hmmm, I guess you're right. Ted used to be very handsome. Way more than JM. But JM wins.
b

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

PS I'm a little slow today -- I had to read your opening blooper several times before I figured it out. And "ew" is right!

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

I watched it as a total Pittsburgh Steelers bandwagon fan, courtesy of a college friend and Pittsburgh native. So I found it extremely thrilling!

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

But of course, Kris!! Glad it went your way,

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home