Sunday, December 21, 2008

from Paris

Just ze quick one to say bonjour, mesmdames et messieurs from La Belle France!!!  It is jaw-droppingly beautiful here as I expected and we are right near the Place de la Concorde, where they used to guillotine people--yeah!!!!  

One thing I can tell you is don't try and go into the Metro system without a ticket.  In some places there are only machines to sell you tickets and they can be quirky and picky, unlike the French people who have been unfailingly nice and helpful.  I was standing in a crowded Metro car very close to being guillotined by the closing door when a young woman appeared in front of me and handed me my glove which I had dropped back outside of the car.  She smiled and disappeared and after risking her arm and wrist too.

So meanwhile, back at the ticket selling machines. "Patientez," they tell you as you try and figure out the instructions.  Uh, okay, I'm being patient.  But WHERE THE F do I put the money?  And why, sob, oh why don't you like my credit card?  Last night we could not buy a ticket no matter what we did.  We had the money for it, but couldn't make it happen.  Well, what do you think we did?  Jumping the Turnstile by Becky Motew, only we didn't have to jump that one, just walk through closely behind someone else.  I cannot remember any other criminal act  in my past.  

Confession?  It felt rather liberating.

Later, bebe.
A bientot,
love,becky

4 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Ah, trés bien, a little wholly-justified miscreant behavior! That's the best kind!

I walked through Place de la Concorde when I was there but had no idea of the guillotining -- I feel like I missed out...

News from here is snow snow snow! Big storm came Friday afternoon (my work even called a snow day starting at 1pm), then it snowed lightly most of Saturday, and now another storm is dropping 4-8" today. Right now the Patriots are hosting a very snowy game against Arizona, who haven't played in the snow in 25 years and it shows as the Pats are running all over them so far! (Fans are having fun throwing snow in the air to celebrate.)

 
At 2:14 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks for the update, sand!!!! I dread returning because I STILL don't have power. Today is my last day here and I want to go everywhere and buy everything.!!!!!
b

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Alors! I've just tuned back in and already you are leaving?! Ah mon tiens!
We watched La Vie en Rose the other night - I am all in the mood for France, but alas je stuck here in the Pacific ... where every Advent day il pleut.
HOWEVER I am sooo pleased for you mon (or is that ma?) ami and that you are loving every moment (last word pronounced the French way.)

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I don't know why, but I couldn't watch that movie, Kay....I sat like a stone in front of it. I really expected to like it too. Anyway, I JUST got home and am sorting out my pics. later, b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home