Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vive les Phillies!

Phillies win World Series

You could go through all the World Series photographs from history and find one of these Kama Sutra contortionist pitcher/catcher [uh oh--no insinuations intended] shots for every win. I have one on my wall from last year with the ever manly Jason Varitek and the ever destined-for-Riverdancing Jonathan Papelbon.

New York Yankees catcher Yogi Berra embraces pitcher Don Larsen after he pitched a perfect game in game five of the World Series against the Brooklyn Dodgers, Oct. 8, 1956, at Yankee Stadium.

Here's even one from the dreaded Y...Y---oh god, you know what I'm trying to say. It was Don Larsen's perfect game in 1956 and none other than Yogi Berra is the Sutree.

White.Sox.Manager.Ossie.jpg

In truth, Ozzie Guillen after the 2005 White Sox Series victory wasn't even eligible for the Sutra snap, but got into the flow anyway.



In other news, my Rosetta Stone progress is continuing with the Gallic talktalk. I will pretty much be able to converse on all aspects of bicycles when I am in Paris.

Is that your bicycle?

You know it, dude. It's MON VELO.

I see. What color is it? I am so FREAKING GLAD you asked. It's JAUNE, baby. Ze big yellow.

How many do you have? I have UN VELO. One. That's really all I can manage, though I am competent and well versed enough to speak of TROIS VELOS [my "trois" still gets nixed by the referee]



Les quatre velos sont bleues. The Rosetta Stone guy--the Stoner?--doesn't like my "quatre" either. I have tried it numerous different ways and can't please him. So I will not be able to discuss the Four Tops, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse or the Three Stooges, at least not in any depth. How many faces of Eve were there? Oops, can't discuss that either. Plus I think our bicycle usage may be limited in December to start with, but what the heck. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Stay tuned for my vast knowledge of tasses and pommes.

Est-ce que c'est votre pomme?

Yeah, and get your hands off it, you slimy apple thief. This one is for my main squeeze Adam and I'll be tempting him in private, okay?

A bientot, dear reader. Papers next week so possible bloopers en anglais.

love,

becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home