Friday, October 10, 2008

Looking on the Bright Side


Now on one hand, I could be depressed about my black eye. In truth, it's a purple and yellow eye. My old high school colors, actually, and maybe I should fly to Arkansas and attend a Catholic High game as the mascot. [ed. note: technically blue and white were Ms. Motew's school colors since she attended Mt. St. Mary's across town and not CHS, a school for boys]

I don't think so.

Instead, I will thank my lucky stars that my injuries were not worse. This eye thing will go away. The elbow thing and the finger thing are annoyingly painful and we are somewhat worried that the finger is broken. I see an orthopedic dude next week.


In other news, I have finally (after three years) figured out how to link to other blogs. If you notice over to the right, I have put some of my faves, including Made for Weather, blogged by my friend Kay in New Zealand, and if you love poetry and beautiful photos and funny observations, you will enjoy MFW. Also featured is Hello Again, Sydney blogged by my friend Mark in Sydney, Australia, and Mark has a keen eye and rapier-sharp wit. He may not be that good with an actual rapier, though, and I wouldn't want to drink with him and throw swords around. I already have one purple eye. Also recommended is the Haute Flash Contessa, my friend Danielle who is author of Don't Chew Jesus, a hilarious account of growing up Catholic and enduring the nuns. I will post more on these later, dear reader, but want to go for a walk on this glorious autumn day WHICH I AM APPRECIATING BEING ALIVE IN.

A bientot

love,

becky

http://www.statcounter.com/

4 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

That's the spirit! Appreciate being alive with two broken elbows etc.

Bet you didn't wear heels on that walk...

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're so right, Kris. I haven't worn high heels since the incident. Sigh.

b

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Thanks for the link Becks! :)
I am setting up links on my new site as well as we speak. You're there (of course!)
Glad you can still walk, it would've been awful to have hurt your legs / feet/ ankles as well. Hope the doc dude sees you right.

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Kay. I have often thought how good it is that I can still walk. Whew.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home