Friday, September 19, 2008

Summer Highlights and Early Bloopers




Bloomsbury Square in London--seems like a dream now.










Chin up, dude!












My father and my daughter in Arkansas










Loved houseguests












Red Lion Inn in the Berkshires, where I saw CANDIDA [chardonnay is what I actually saw at the Red Lion Inn]








Still crazy after all these years.....
[trying to live my life according to Paul Simon tunes]






Chi-chi cocktail party on Something-or-Other Wharf in Boston. Note all those flags. I wonder if Hannaford's has one up there.









Watermelon martinis at the Cape...
not just for breakfast any more!
[trying to live my life by Anita Bryant commercials]






Maeve's new house



Only a few blooops so far, but one is a doozy. Which one is it? Let me just say this--there won't be any illustrations of it.
1) I liked to play with linking logs when I was a child.
2) Our destination was a small damn.
3) Men tend to be labialized in one way and women are labialized in another.
A bientot
love,
becky

8 Comments:

At 6:02 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Oh dear!!! Body part bloopers are the best! ;)

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Oh and I love the photos. Nostalgia rules ... but my fav is the one of Maeve!

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Kay. It's hard choosing the best photo of Maeve. There are so many cute ones. :)

b

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger Mark said...

My money's on #3, and I'm wondering how you go about explaining the mistake to the person who did it (the bloopee?)

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Mark--

DING DING DING you're the winner!
I just circled it, no explanation. Call me a coward.
b

 
At 1:19 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Ahh, re-living the dream!

That is a whopper all right: a hat-trick of wrong spelling, wrong grammar (-ized not -ed), and resulting wrong meaning, plus the shockingly humorous mental imagery! Perhaps you could write "please elaborate" on the paper... Although, to be fair, there is apparently (says wikipedia) something called "labialisation" that describes a type of artciulation in some languages, so maybe we're all just missing the point of this sentence?

PS There's something odd about that kitty picture -- why is one head so much larger looking? And why is that woman holding a blue folder over her face?? (You can't prove she was there!)

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hmmm, dunno about the cat head. Must have been the camera angle or one was trying to strangle the other.

The lady with the folder may have been keeping sun out of her eyes or maybe she didn't want to be in my picture?
You should be a detective, sm. We need you in the crime unit.

b

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Affirmative ma'am. I'm just trying to get the facts.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home