Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Name This Guy

High school Nearly nine years removed from starting his last game as a quarterback - at 17, for the Chatsworth High School Chancellors in 1999 - Cassel has been summoned from football limbo to replace a legend, the injured Tom Brady, and attempt to guide the Patriots to their fourth Super Bowl title in seven years.

No, he's no relation of mine.

He's not American Idol.

He wasn't in the Olympics.

He's not from Alaska.

Ready?

He's Matt Cassel, taking over at quarterback for the New England Patriots. Taking over for that Other Guy, what was his name, the one with the glamorous girlfriend?



Oh, I forget. Anyway, Matt is doing a splendid job [we do hate to use that word "super"] and is already two and oh. He and his wife are Southern Cal alumni, where Matt played for Pete Carroll ("we're pumped! we're jacked!") and she was captain of the volleyball team. She looks nice here, of course, but I wouldn't want to face her across the net.

Cassel did not make a start while at USC, but he did leave there with his future wife, Lauren Killian (left), who captained the women's volleyball team to the 2002 national championship (Trojans QB Carson Palmer was best man at their wedding).

AWWWWWWWWW. They are so cute. Let me not mince words, though. NEITHER ONE OF THEM COULD BEAT ME AT TABLE HOCKEY. I am the best that ever was. Occasionally, I let someone beat me in one game--think of a cat playing with a mouse, letting it think it has some freedom before the cat playfully and lightheartedly KILLS IT DEAD.



Okay then. I had a couple of tiny bloopers over the weekend ("pride is the route of all evil"), but nothing outstanding. I should start getting some next weekend as the first round of papers comes in.



Thanks to Boston Globe.
Fingers crossed for no hurricanes, disaster, or heartbreak.

love,

becky

5 Comments:

At 11:18 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'm feeling much better now, after we did well against a good team. I have hope again! He plays with great confidence most of the time, which has to be key.

Maybe the Splendidbowl is back on the menu!

PS His wife must be crazy tall next to normal-sized people...

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I'll watch for your more pix of her, sm. You're right...Land of the Giants.

b

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Their progeny will be the super-super brand. :)

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're right, Kay. Imagine THEIR athletic prowess.

b

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

You mean pride isn't the route of all evil?

My favorite blooper I've seen in general use is "I'm routing for you."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home