Saturday, September 06, 2008

High Speed Internet


The gerbils in the basement don't know what to do. Their wheel is no longer connected to my computer system and although they are still responsible for my power generator (and all electrical output), they're a little confused by the sudden drop in demand.

It's sad to see them like this, hanging around like derelicts, hair sticking up in odd places, and no sense of decorum, which I really hate. I'm sorry to say some have taken up smoking again and after all the hard work they put into quitting. A few are hitting the bottle, and that's really a shame. Their union rep has been in my face all day accusing me of outsourcing, but hey. Even I catch the wave of the future occasionally. Wall Street will love me now. I have some bacon I bought in July--perhaps I will grill that up with some nice mouse pellets and surprise them with breakfast. Can they be bought?

As with all new things, I am getting used to the new internet access. Right now I am at a loss without my old "favorites" list and trying to remember what was on there. I always seem to put things on there and then wonder a week later why I did it.

FAVORITES

Google

college website

second college website

stupid fashion choices web site

obscure website with no meaning

boston.com

new york times

obscure website with no meaning

obscure website with no meaning

obscure website with no meaning

Well, you get the point. Also, my computer is hyperventilating frequently and I don't know why. It makes this rather loud I-Think-I'm-Vacuuming-Out-An-Airplane-Cabin sound. When it finally goes off, I feel exhausted.

In other news, I saw Hamlet2 last night and loved it. It won't be for everybody and it's a little on the profane side ("Rock Me Sexy Jesus" is HOT!)

but Steve Coogan and the kids are great. Here is the YouTube video of this electrifying number: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylYzbB-tLcs

God, I hope it works. The gerbils will have to go into psychiatric counseling.

No papers yet to grade. My trusted wonderful readers are giving me feedback on my book and as soon as I have all of it, I will start out down the path of the next revision. Then it will be ready to send, tremblechokeshakeinmyboots, to my agent.

I hope Hurricane Hannah is kind.

A bientot

love,

becky

6 Comments:

At 10:09 AM , Blogger danielle schaaf said...

Now that you've become techno-savvy, does that mean you're going to actually put links on your blog? Just giving you a hard time because I only did that myself, after two years. I got tired of seeing "google me." It looked kinda perverted.

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're right, HFC. I sat here and tried to do that recently and couldn't figure it out. I'll try again. Thanks for reminding me.
b

 
At 4:47 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can't wait to read your book. No need to be nervous, I'm sure. Ooh - how exciting for you to have got this far! Congrats.

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Kay. You're a great pal.

b

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Mark said...

Hi becky! That Steve Coogan is alright, isn't he...

Congrats on getting your super-turbo internet connection happening (don't worry about the gerbils - they'll thank you in the long run), but congrats especially on the book. Good luck with the revisions!

 
At 10:26 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Gosh thanks, Mark. I'll pass your message along to Squeaky and Pickwick.
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home