Monday, September 22, 2008

Almost

I waited as long as I could to post this, hoping that the Yankees would be eliminated for the 2008 season. That will be sweet, of course, when it happens and it will be VERY SOON. They said goodbye to Yankee Stadium last night. Ho hum.

Yankees I find bearable include Yogi Berra and Joe Torre, who I know is out in California now.
Berra is pretty much the modern-era Mark Twain.
"I didn't really say everything I said."
"Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical."
"Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. "
I think he could be in my composition class.
Torre combines grace under pressure with that state-cop-on-a-speed-trap look. I hate him and feel sorry for him at the same time.

Anyway, just for fun, here is the 2007 World Series ring with that nice Boston logo.

Last Yankees World Series win: 2000. AHEM. COUGH. COUGH.
I don't like being mean-spirited like this and I feel ashamed of myself. NYAH NYAH.

Continuing bloopers:
1) "I could hear the crow cheering my name."

2) "Her face looked as white as a weeding dress." [I've never worn one of these, but I rarely work outside anyway.]
3) "The man had dark betty eyes as he chewed his extremely rare chopped stake."


4) "When I started feeling contractions, I went into the hospital and they gave me medications to postpone my pregnancy."

Be Here Now, dear reader.
love,
becky

3 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

They're outta there! I had to look it up, since I'm not really following the baseball, and I found it as a terse closing line of a short report about the Sox clinching a berth and the Yankees missing postseason for the first time since 94. Ahh, so sweet.

So I guess I need to start paying attention to baseball now that the serious games start -- do I dare jinx them by watching??

 
At 6:33 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

My feelings exactly, sm.

b

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger danielle schaaf said...

Postpone my pregnancy?? If I could've, I would've postponed mine by about 50 years. Then I could honestly say I didn't remember a thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home