Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Illini Forever


Just back from a great weekend in Champaign, Illlinois, where I met up with these friends. Our academic achievements at the U of I have unfortunately been lost. They are buried in the Lincoln Avenue Residence side lawn, where we threw water balloons and incense and lowered the occasional friend out on sheets. Hey. We passed, okay? We played a lot of bridge.

Next to me is Judy, who does the world's best George Washington imitation and can now kick our respective asses in any athletic competition. Pass the chips. Next to her is Candy, a calm and serene individual who still attracts the guys and did so at the Champaign Rap Festival or whatever it was we walked through on Saturday night. In the yellow is Carol, who used to have a Christ-like body and still does.





Obligatory pose in front of the Alma Mater. Thanks to the very nice girl who took this without telling us how odd (or old) we were.


Obligatory pose in front of quad with Foellinger Auditorium in background. It has appeared in at least one movie (Good Will Hunting?), where it purported to be Harvard. Alumni everywhere gasped in the middle of movie theatres when they saw it.


WHAT? THAT'S THE AUDITORIUM AT ILLINOIS! DON'T TRY AND PULL SOME MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE THING ON ME! I KNOW WHAT I SAW!





Obligatory pose in old classroom in Lincoln Hall where we lament not paying more attention. I of course feel particularly guilty now, given my present occupation.









WHY DID WE DO IT?









Obligatory pose in front of old dormitory where anecdotes about frat guys and puking are traded with enthusiasm.





Obligatory Climb-Up-On-Alma-Mater-Statue-And-Risk-Hip-Replacement shot. Notice who had the nerve to do it.





YABBA DABBA DOO! What a great weekend I had. Next time more pix of post-reunion fun in Chicago where Becky gets called Professor Bitch and finds the Special Room.
A bientot
love,
becky





8 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

Oh this looks so fun! I LOVE the "Why did we do it" picture!

I'm sure your mind wandered in class, but I'm also sure you were never texting your friends under your desk...

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Good thing we didn't have the capability, Kris. Thanks.
b

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Say, was there a trampoline there??

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Looks like it, doesn't it, sm?
My friend took that Leap Shot and it took a few tries. Thanks for noticing. :)
b

 
At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did I get taller than everyone else ('course you're bending over for some reason) and why is that @#$ roll around my middle so obvious and WHY does everyone keep calling me calm and serene? It's enough to make me want to go on some kind of manic drug. By the way, willis, the book Judy recommended - Eat, Pray, Love - is really good; I started it yesterday.

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey girl,

I brought it for Judy, she had already read it, so she gave it back to me. Can't wait to read it. But you ARE calm and serene--you're my idol for that. Let's try a Leap Shot for you next time.
b

 
At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, it sounds too much like a synonym for boring. If I could pick a new identity (at least temporarily, as it might freak out my family) I'd be Whoopi Goldberg. She can be calm and serene AND hysterically funny.

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You are far from boring, Can.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home