Monday, August 18, 2008

Crack Kills


I am also told that this is referred to as "coin slot." But don't go by me as I am out of it and don't know anything. This was snapped in Urbana, Illinois and where, may I ask, have all the beer joints gone? Everything is Starbucks now.



This is deeply troubling to me as it is the track at my local high school. I come here every day like a sap, hoping it will be open. Here's my question, dear reader: how am I a trespasser?

I am a resident, a taxpayer, and a patron, emphasis on the second of these. Only a month ago I wrote a huge check for the privilege of being all three. Young people of course hop the fence. I cannot. Oh, I probably could, but I don't feel like injuring myself, calling the police, and/or ruining my clothes. And why should I have to?

I have only begun to tap my annoyance. I won't say anger because it's not worth getting truly pissed off over (off over?). Anger is usually a big waste of everybody's time anyway.

Anyone buying this?
Two more weeks of The Dream.
A bientot
love,
becky

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Good grief on the locked track. What do you they think is going to happen? People are going to steal the track? Haul it away with a forklift? How big of a forklift would that have to be?

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Good question. I guess they are irrigating the football field or growing the grass. It's bullshit. I walk the soccer field instead.

b

 
At 5:39 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Joy killers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home