Sunday, July 27, 2008

Headed for the Cape

I've heard it said that just crossing the Bourne Bridge lowers blood pressure for some. Could it be true?



Not for me since I do not like bridges. I don't like the way they loom in the distance and I don't like the narrowness of them when you're driving across, and mostly I don't like the thought of where I am in relation to the ground. This is a phobia that keeps getting worse for me and has extended to some monuments and natural wonders. I don't think I would like to see the Grand Canyon.

BECKY! IS THIS ABOUT YOUR FUN VACATION OR YOUR STUPID NEUROSES?

It's about my fun vacation.

OKAY WELL, GET TO THE POINT!

Welcome to Cape Cod MAFor me, it's getting to the rotary that is liberating. Yeehaw, we're here!! It's a fast drive and my girlfriends and I chat chat chat all the way. There is always much to talk about.


I am looking forward to our usual pursuits.



Watch for a Playboy pictorial--Middle-Aged Women of Dairy Queen.

HAH! I DON'T THINK SO! But there could be a follow-up shot to last year's triumphant DiCaprio/Blanchett/Titanic image.

I have been building to a major Dairy Queen episode for quite a while, not that I deserve it.



We don't just eat, dear reader, lest you think so. We also drink and shop. We are Renaissance Women in that respect. We do every tourist thing well, including singing Shenandoah in three-part harmony on our way to the beach. It's pretty impressive.

And so to all of you left behind, enjoy your week and Be Here Now.





Raid the refrigerator.

Forget all about incompetent clerks, telemarketers, blackhearted glibsters of every kind.
There's a lot of fun to be had.
Let's have some.
love,
becky

1 Comments:

At 4:27 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That granddaughter of yours is growing up so fast!
Have fun y'hear and eat lots of ice cream and drink lots of .... just drink lots!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home