Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cambridge Nights

Some call it the People's Republic of Cambridge and indeed I visited with one of its stalwarts. There is so much to do in the city, we tend to forget that little fact out here in the hinters.




This ship was passing by the wharf outside the Institute of Contemporary Art, where we sat imbibing wine and vodka (not together: what do you take us for?)



It's a very cool place and we saw some very cool contemporary art. Some of it is perplexing, okay? You gotta have an open mind. There was a video showing where a guy goes into a grocery store with bow and arrow and shoots all his selections. You see him aiming at and piercing a loaf of bread, box of cereal, etc.

I'm not sure what it meant.

But I LMAO'ed repeatedly and that can't be bad.


That was in Boston. We took various T vehicles to get there. When we tottered out, we took the Silver Line back to Cambridge and went to outdoor jazz. I think a dj would have said it was smooth and delicious.

This is Stan Strickland and he is excellent. People were dancing in the streets, although my friend and I sat in the bleachers or whatever they were. Guatemalan jewelry was for sale and it was beautiful too. I may have been slightly intoxicated, but it was still beautiful.

May I say this about the Silver Line? No one uses it. It was empty coming and going, and my friend said it is always that way. Very odd. I felt like we were in Soylent Green or some urban thriller.

And that's only half the weekend, dear reader. Be here now.

A bientot

love,

becky

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I'm impressed Becky - art, culcha, bow and arrows, bleachers, Guatemelan jewellery and vodka ... all on the same day and more to come.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

The rest of the weekend was much quieter, Kay, but I did get to see Maeve in the kiddie pool. Now that's fun.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home