Monday, June 09, 2008

Lincoln in London and Heat Wave


Imagine my surprise as I inched along in a cab through Parliament Square and saw.....was that....Abraham Lincoln? It was indeed and it gave me a start. Hey!! that's our guy!!!!
According to AbrahamLincolnonline.org, it is a replica of the more famous stateue in Chicago's Lincoln Park and I guess does not commemorate a visit of his to London as I had thought. I would love to think of Lincoln addressing Parliament, but I don't think it happened. I felt proud, though. Here is a better shot of the English version.
In other news:
This map is directly from Accuweather.com. One presumes it is correct.
It shows severe weather. Please note THE RED PARTS.
Watches & Warnings

that means HEAT. High temps. Sweaty grouchy citizens. The only state that looks completely covered with red is New Jersey. Good luck to them, though a lot of Yankee fans live there and are used to the hell of no World Series wins since 2000. [ed. note: stay tuned for immature Celtics gloating]

We is suffering, baby!! Why can't that red blob move just a bit south and then we'd be out of it and into the lovely June weather we deserve!!


It was only a few weeks ago it snowed. Come on--let's show a little moderation here, okay?

Here's another map showing recent lightning strikes:

Isn't this great? I wonder if there are times when the map is blank. No lightning is striking anywhere. I wonder if people are winning the lottery right now in Oklahoma--don't they say the odds are similar?

Hard at work on my book, dear reader, making my initial descent into the ending. HELP!! Dunno what's going to happen, well, aside from the main thing, the important thing, the Big Revelation.

Enjoy this sweaty day, dear reader.

A bientot

love,

becky

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Sweaty heat is right -- Flaming June was prophetic!

In your first picture it looks to me as if Lincoln is peering over the wall at kids in the backyard next door -- "hey, what are you hooligans up to over there!"

 
At 3:36 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Lincoln in London, lightening in Iowa, an ending in sight ... wow, things are on the up and up. ;)
Your hard work is starting to pay off -can't wait to read the book. Can't wait!

 
At 4:45 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're right, sm. That is exactly how he looks. LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE! It really took me by surprise too.

CB, I'm hoping to finish the beast by the end of the month, but I'm not sure, not with all the revising I will have to do. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home