Thursday, May 01, 2008

Blooperoniousness





This is pretty much how I look. But my papers are done. Graded. Looked at and judged.

Everyone in this world makes mistakes.

Some are small, like "I ate to much."

Some are more egregious, such as misspelling someone's name: i.e., Hemmingwaye.

But some are wrong in a funny way and those, dear reader, are bloopers, such as "winning the Noble Prize" (from a few years ago).

Here are the latest:


"Goodbye and good ridings." [I wonder if Dale ever said that to Roy]


"The murder victim was not sure about the eyewitness." [I believe it]

"What about a woman who gets roped and in turn becomes pregnant?" [I've heard this mostly happens in the western states]


"Here lies another case of execution of an innocent murderer."


"He was using the heroine without thought for anything else." [sometimes that can be fun, though]




"The man directed his anger toward the rapper of his daughter."


"Obesity plays a big roll in health care."



"The flu vaccine does not prevent 100% protestation from the virus."


"He was on trail for life."



"I support the decimalization of marijuana." [Please give me .6 of a dooby--did I say that right?]


[And finally, something I have done most of my life:]

"I hoped in my car and left."


Thank you and good luck to all my students. You have enriched my life and I am better for knowing you.
A bientot, dear reader
love,
becky

8 Comments:

At 11:12 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I think the pregnancy one is even funnier if you think the typo was missing a leading "g" instead of swapping an "o" for an "a"...

But "hoping in the car" is my favorite!

 
At 3:24 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Yep - hoping in my car is a beauty.
Thanks - they are great!
Love that photo of you. Someone give that woman an apple!

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Aw, thanks you guys. I actually misplaced a small list I kept from another class, so I'll find it soon and post a few more. Sm, you are smarter than I am and I'm trying to figure out the "g" you are talking about.....CB, someone gave me chocolate candy the other day and I pounded them down. I cannot be trusted.

b

 
At 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were great bloopers. I liked the one about obesity and health care. I am obese (but I have lost 70 pounds in the past year) and I'll tell you I don't play any roll in health care. I have to hope into my car now and hope I don't get into another fender bender at the P.O. like I did last week (it wasn't my fault). Actually I am on a trail for life, a trail towards losing more weight, though I do call it a path. :-)

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Joan, 70 pounds is utterly fantastic. Think how many bowling balls that is. Or sticks of butter. You're going to get where you're going.

b

 
At 2:07 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I dunno about smart -- maybe a little too opaque though! I meant to point out that the intention could have been either "a woman who gets groped and in turn gets pregnant" or the more likely "a woman who gets raped and in turn gets pregnant", with a certain humorous naiveté to the former.

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Ah, now I get it!!!!

I was thinking to get rid of the "r" and then it would be "goping," which could be some activity I'm unaware of. HAH!
No, you're not opaque. My brain just doesn't always work. :)
b

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I hadn't thought of that. For that matter, "roping" might be slang for something -- maybe it wasn't a typo at all! I can imagine the student's rolling eyes now...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home