Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This is Why


....we get depressed and down in the dumps and more or less irritable as all fk here in beautiful New England. Oh, don't get me wrong. We've got the beautiful stone walls and the thrilling plaques and statues and history of all sorts. BUT IT FREAKING LOOKS LIKE THIS DAY IN AND DAY OUT. I MEAN YOU GET SICK OF IT AFTER A WHILE, GET ME?

Okay, I'm calm.



But in March, when it's been this way for so long, we lose all hope. We really think in our so-called reptile brains that it's going to stay this way. That we deserve it. That nothing better is coming, no matter what the calendar says. I'll be wearing my boots and ski parka (well, not really a parka, ew) forever and ever, world without end amen.

I have 62,000 words in on the nun book, by the way.




March is supposed to come in like a lion and it was leonine today, I guess. AT A VERY LOW TEMPERATURE LEONINE. AND LET'S NOT FORGET IT'S ALREADY THE TWELFTH.

This will be the year. The year that it never ends.



I will always look out my kitchen door at midnight and see the Blight of the Earth. Okay, so I didn't get a shot of this at midnight. That's a little hard to do. And this is an old shot--there's actually no snow out there. Only mud and ruts in the driveway. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Be here now.
Or be in Miami now.
Or Myrtle Beach.
Anywhere but here.
A bientot
love,
becky
(still Blanche)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home