Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Something On Your Mind?

Birthday
Anyone who has ever had a person on the brain, as it were, can relate to this Marc Chagall painting. It's called BIRTHDAY, but I love it for the magical attention paid, the "bending over backwards" quality of the man.
chagall2.jpg
And who wouldn't like to be carried off?
Back to school this week, dear reader. And guess what, art analysis papers coming in. No one selected Chagall this time, drat the luck.
My friend Chris and I sometimes say to each other, "I don't know anything good."
Consider that statement reiterated.
CURRENT HOMEOWNING COMPLAINTS

1)Mysterious leak in water line coming into house. Banging noise coming up from basement whenever water is requested from pipes. Showers abbreviated.

2) Mysterious short circuit in telephone line coming into house. Intermittent problem not showing itself currently, so don't care as much.

3) Mysterious migrating toilet. Brand new appliance moves around on its own. It might be planning to leave for South America.
Remember, dear reader: "It's much nosier at a restaurant than eating at home."
Sometimes the waitstaff asks too many questions, know what I'm saying?
Like who's that man flying behind you?
Be here now.
Be in a painting if you can.
A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 12:38 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Coincidentally, the song "Always On My Mind" (Pet Shop Boys cover of Willie Nelson) was playing on my stereo when I dialed up your blog. (Do kids have any idea what "dialed up" means?)

Since water causes electrical shorts, I can't help but wonder if your water and telephone problems are related. For that matter, rattling pipes hard enough could even move around the, um, fixtures. Start with the plumber, maybe you'll get the hat trick for free!

Has that guy in the Birthday painting got any arms? Reminds me of a Monty Python movie scene! Not the kind of analysis I suppose you hope for in your papers...

(Go Sox -- undefeated globetrotters!)

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey sm,

I'm afraid my attitude is bad toward homeowning problems. I ignore them until they are emergencies. I would LOVE a comparison to Monty Python in the papers. That would lead to analysis WHY, of course, and I know you could do a very good job of that.

Go Sox is right.
b

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'm not a homeowner, but I have honed that same attitude towards various other problems...

It's my fault the Sox lost -- I jinxed them by watching the game!

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Love that art ... reminds me of M's paintings which have people growing out of the tops of heads - and trees as well. I would love to analyse his paintings, except I'm his mother, so it might turn out to be all my fault!

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

sm,

We're not going to allow you near the TV if you keep that up!

Yes, it's always the mother's fault, isn't it? Your son's artwork is beautiful, CB. I've seen it on your blog.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home