Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cheer Up, Sleepy Jean

Don't know why I can't get that song out of my mind.

It has nothing to do with anything, except maybe we should all cheer up for pete's sake.

People are piling on. Crushing the life out of a great football season. Brady's a choker, the Pats are cheaters, nothing is any good and we should all kill ourselves.
Okay well, maybe no one said that. But people are LOVING our loss.
May I introduce you to our lovely friend, Queen Schadenfreude?
Evil Queen
Okay, so this makes a nice transition into politics, especially since a lot of folks compare certain candidates to the Evil Queen
Does anyone think she is looking more like Eva Peron every day?
I personally like Hillary, and I admire her choice of that ivoy white lacy collar thing. I'll bet it rubs her jaw and neck almost intolerably, but as they say in New Hampshire, Let Us Be Elegant or Die.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Live Free or Die.
Whatever.
I like Obama too. And I don't hate McCain.
What's a girl to do?
First Blooper of the Semester: "I had fun at the church bizarre."
Our minds are racing, dear reader.
A bientot
love,
becky
.

9 Comments:

At 3:10 PM , Blogger Jack Getze said...

Nothing bad about Brady or the Pats. The Jints was just too tough for youse.

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

I LOVE church bizarres.

And I love that song, too. Now I'll have it -- and other Monkees tunes -- in my head all day.

"Daydream believer and a homecoming quee--eee-eee-eeeeennnnn!"

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Well, Austin, I knew a Jersey guy and he always said this: whaddyagonnaDEW.

Kristina,

I am a bigtime daydream believer.
b

 
At 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anacrostic puzzles? I'm puzzled...

Are they anachronistic?

I'm frankly not sure if I believe in anacrostic puzzles. I'm on the fence - sort of an anagrostic about that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean this anatagonistically, it's just that I was reading your profile and ranacrostic.

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Paul,
No, they are not necessarily anachronistic. Judging from your words, I think you would love them. Give one a try. Sometimes they are just called "crostic" puzzles.

b

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

That top Hillary is in looks like a wedding cake to me. If the collar was only a bit bigger it might look like she was actually popping out of a cake.

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hmm yes, sm. I don't see her as cake-popper-out-of, though.

Maybe for Bill's birthday...

b

 
At 3:37 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

great likenesses. Great bloopers!

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, CB!!!
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home