Thursday, January 03, 2008

Looking Back






2007 was an okay year, I think.



Mostly.



There was some deep happiness. But some bad exceptions too.



It depends on how you break it down, I guess. If one concentrates, say, on one's house, it was relatively quiet this year for me with a horrible ending (see Christmas Eve events). There is still some leak in the water line, evidently outside between the well and the house. YAAAAAAAAAY!!! But I did have some repair work done and I am proud of that. I plan to do some more in 08. It's hard to be a pioneer in the wilderness.



So I don't think about it.



If one concentrates on sports, we are in heaven here in the Boston area. World Series win (and may I point out that the last Yankee WS win was in 2000--oh how sweet to utter those words), perfect Patriots, outstanding Celtics. Thankfully the Bruins still suck or else everybody else would despise us more than they do now. I don't really follow hockey, mainly because you can't see the puck. Don't let them tell you you can. Only the players can see it.

Lisa Nowak (NASA Photo JSC2005-E-20604)

We started the year with that astronaut who drove 900 miles (thank god for Depends) to attack another woman she considered a romantic rival for her boyfriend's affections. Yikes. Found in her possession when arrested were a steel mallet, a buck knife with a four-inch blade, a BB gun and a map to the rival's house. I say that's a woman who cares. But I do have to wonder why she didn't drive to the guy's house instead. Why do we women always turn on each other? It isn't right.

In this undated photo provided by www.title2media.com, Kumari Fulbright is shown during a photo shoot for a calendar in Arizona. Fulbright, 25, was indicted with three men Dec. 18, 2007, by a Pima County Superior Court grand jury on charges of kidnapping, armed robbery, aggravated robbery and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, the Arizona Daily Star reported. Fulbright, was Miss Pima County in 2005 and Miss Desert Sun in 2006, and sought the title of Miss Arizona during those years. (AP Photo/www.title2media.com)

In a somewhat related story, this law student, who posed for a calendar featuring young women with guns. recently was accused of holding and torturing her ex-boyfriend with the help of three other men, including another man she had previously dated. This to me makes much more sense. I have myself agreed to pose for the older non-stomach-viewing version of this calendar.

Hey, here's a question. Let's say you are a person blessed with great athletic ability, intelligence, and luck. Let's say that you get to play professional sports for a living and live in a mansion and have lots of money. Let's not even talk about the bennies that come with that lifestyle. Let's just ask the question: what more could you possibly want? Well, ladies and gentlemen, here is the answer.

DOG FIGHTING!!! YEAH, BABY!!!

Honestly, wouldn't you have had to dig really hard for that answer?

To me, Jello wrestling would be lots more fun or even Jello table hockey, at which I believe I would still excel over any comers.



If one picks personal issues, I never have gotten to high school weight, but at least I stayed the same. I still don't look as good as this:

But I'm better than this:


You have to be glad if you are in the middle somewhere.
My romantic idols are still Chuck and Cam.

Am I the only person who finds these two terribly romantic? Look what they went through to finally get together. The hat weighs 25 pounds and can be inverted into a springform pan and used to hold a chocolate mousse pie. That makes me wonder how it is around the dinner table with mom. A lot of harumphing, I imagine. Is she Princess Camilla now? She can't be queen, I think. I'm still buying clothes and not wearing them. I finished half of my nun book and now face the second half. Since convent life has changed greatly in the years since I knew nuns (Pleistocene era), I am doing research to support my story, or at least so my story won't be pitiably unrealistic.



This is REPOSE by John Singer Sargent and it's going to be me for the rest of my vacation.

That's the theory anyway.

Happy New Year, dear reader.

love,

becky

2 Comments:

At 1:47 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I hate to say it dear Becky, but I think you just may well be the only one to think Charles and Camilla romantic!!
Hope all your dreams come true in 08 - apart from C&C getting on to the Top Romantics List, that is. ;)

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I know, CB. You're right, of course. Are you back from your travels?

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home