Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why Christmas Doesn't Suck











Christmas is synonymous in our culture with happiness. If something wonderful happens or you're successful in a task, you say "it was Christmas." If something ends that previously was wonderful, we say "Christmas is over" (and I really hate when that happens). So here we are at the apex, kids. Top of the heap, A-number one, king of the--oh wait, that's New York. Can you pour me some more of that?


Even a naysayer like me looks up at the stars sometimes and wonders what the heck is going on. I make fun of this holiday and do a lot of bitching and moaning about it, but that's because I don't like to dust. However, I do in the end enjoy the magic. There are plenty of scholars and philosophers to quote on the meaning of life, but I think I will choose my friend Chris, who says most people are doing the best they can.

I think she is right








And so, dear reader, I hope you are with the ones you love best. If there's an empty chair at your table this year, my heart is with you.









I wish you joy on this day and all days.






love,becky






2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Wow, your hair looks fab in that picture!

Maeve looks a bit like a pilgrim in that dress. And wasn't she a baby, like, ten minutes ago??

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Well thanks, sm.

And yes, it was ten minutes ago and no more. Good thing we're not getting older, eh?

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home