Tuesday, December 18, 2007

New Pillows

I actually bought the pillows a few weeks ago but have not put them on the bed yet. This is me in my maid's uniform which I always wear when I'm cleaning house. Every day. Sometimes twice a day.


HAHAHAHA

BIG HUGE TUPPERWARE LAUGH!!! (That's the side-splitting kind you erupt into when someone asks if you want to have a Tupperware party)

The pillows were the opening salvo of my new favorite holiday tradition... BUYING TREATS FOR MYSELF!!!! It works like this:

1) When standing in line to pay for three gifts, you might as well grab something else nearby for yourself. It will give you a reason to live.

2) When faced with a cute scarf or trinket that you would like and no good reason why you should have it, search in the vicinity for something giftable. Buy both.

3) Remember--it's so easy to throw one more thing into the cart.



I guess there aren't as many guidelines as I thought. Recent fun things I have snuck into the cart: black sweater, weird necklace, red tablecloth, humongo red/green candle, John Singer Sargent 2008 calendar, odd dark red tablecloth with matching napkins, 2 used copies of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, small green tablecloth [wtf is with the tablecloths--I just noticed this myself], and more shopping to come!!!!




Today I have to clean the house.

I may never be seen again.




Give me a FA!!!

Give me a LA!!!

Give me another LA!!!

Whaddya got?

Yeah, I can't remember either. Stay warm, dear reader.

A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 11:01 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Buying myself gifts at Christmas is one of my favorite traditions too. Rather more instantly gratifying than remembering to put the item on a list so someone might get it for you or might get you an entirely inaccurate facsimile. And, I find, there's no real cost limit! Why risk being judged by asking for something expensive if you can just get it for yourself? My normally frugal reasoning goes out the window for gifts anyway, so it's easy to slip something for myself into the carte-blanche thinking.

I need new pillows too, but for some reason can't figure out if I like "soft" or "firm" ones, so never end up getting any.

(Tupperware laugh -- good one!)

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Let's spend indiscriminately, sm--it's so much fun!!

b

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hi Becky!
And a merry fa-la Xmas to you . I love your take on Xmas - every year you do this!
Loving it ... :)

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

CB!!!!

So glad to hear from you!!

Merry and happy to you as well...
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home