Monday, November 05, 2007

Time Changes

This fall-behind thing takes me forever. I get tired really early in the evening, my little eyelids droop down at some ridiculous hour (like 8pm) and then after a short nap I awake at 11pm and spend the rest of the night lying in bed thinking it's time to get up.
I manage to change some of the clocks in my life and not others, so I don't actually know what time it is at ANY time.
IT SAYS 4. OHMYGOD. I'M SCREWED. BUT MAYBE IT'S ONLY 3 AND I'M GOLDEN. JESUS, WHAT IF IT'S REALLY 5? I THINK MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS GOING UP.
New skins in Clock 2.3 preview release 2
One dispiriting part of the change is that when I get out of class at 4:15 on Mon/Wed, it's getting dark. By the time I turn off Rte. 495 (this week only) the sun is directly, and I mean DIRECTLY, in my eyes.
Should I have put a whine alert above?
Let's see. [you have to speak this like my old Phys Ed teacher in college] Ya gotcher alarm clock (better git up and git workin'!) , yer biological clock ([time to hatch them eggs, you gals!) yer doomsday clock (when it's all gonna blow) and the game clock, the thirty-second clock, the cuckoo clock, lord amighty who can keep track?
Her name was Miss Osborne and I think I'm channeling her lately. I keep talking about sensible shoes, though I keep wearing un-sensible ones of course. I have my eye on a black patent leather pair at the mall which I can't wait to buy and never wear.
Let's all have the best time we can.
A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Hey Becky,

We just changed over as well, although being in the other hemisphere we get more light in the evening now, so no whining here. This year we left the bedside table clock on daylight savings time for the entire non-daylight savings period, and I think it's a valid approach.

Which reminds me, have you still got any Christmas decorations out?

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

HAR, Mark. I think I finally caught them all and put them away in the last month. NOW IT'S TIME FOR THEM AGAIN. I'm living my life wrong.

b

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

O dear Becky you are such fun! You make me laugh everytime. I wish I could have a wine with you every Friday night ...

Yerrrrkkks!!! All those clocks!!!!
Theres' something very frightening about all those clocks ... I wonder what the collective noun for clocks is?
A tock of clocks? Maybe it's a panic of clocks ... ? ;)

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Yes, I like panic of clocks. And that wine on Friday would be quite zestful, CB!!!

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home