Monday, November 12, 2007

The Long Slide

Yes, it has started. In truth, the slide begins around Labor Day.


School starts WHIZ


then fall foliage WHIZ WE'RE GOING FAST


followed by Halloween OH MY GOD CAN ANYONE STOP THIS THING


then Thanksgiving HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!




I'm not going to say where it ends because it's too early for that. The month of December is traditionally dedicated to holiday bitching at CFTE and that will be soon enough.




Doesn't the track look lovely? It's cold enough that it almost deters me from getting out there. But of course, once I do, it warms up and feels great to log those laps.








Last year it didn't really snow until March. Do you ever notice how people love to make dire predictions that don't come true? In August, all you hear is, "they say it's going to be a brutal winter this year." The Farmer's Almanac says blah blah blah.


Screw the Farmer's Almanac. Or Poor Richard's Almanac or whatever it is. I'd rather read Little Richard's Almanac: WIDE OPEN, BABY. NADINE!!! GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!


CFTE prediction: NO SNOW UNTIL 08.
NO BAD SNOWSTORMS
NO PLOW GUY NEEDED
I'm basing these statements on the fact that the Patriots are undefeated and the Red Sox won everything.
How far can our luck go?
Be here now, dear reader. It's all good.
A bientot
love,
becky

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Patriots? Is that another team I need to be supporting?!
I'd love to have a go on your track. It looks so ... orderly. Such symmetry! It would never lead me astray, I could just follow the lines and no worries.

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

CB, that's exactly why I love the track!!! That and no dogs.

New England Patriots, yes, another team. BUT I am not greedy. I do not REQUIRE winning of the Super Bowl for happiness, though my students differ.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home