Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Best Bloopers of 2007

Well, okay, SOME of the best. Okay okay, I only have four here, but they are good ones. Ready?




"Not everyone has the lechery of sitting around and not working."

"Hillary Clinton's champagne is winning over voters."

"Societal morays are causing this problem."

"A lot of people complain about the immortality of the death penalty."




In addition, we are at the point in the semester where the Undead start to appear. People I haven't seen in weeks show up in class.

I'M SORRY--WHAT WAS YOUR NAME?

RABKJDKSLJF. SPELLED WITH A "Y". REMEMBER?

OH YES. I THINK I DO REMEMBER YOU. DID YOU STOP BY JUST BECAUSE IT WAS THE HOLIDAYS?

WELL NO.

I HOPE YOU AT LEAST BROUGHT COOKIES.

NO, I DON'T HAVE COOKIES. I WANT TO DO ALL THE WORK I MISSED AND MORE.

[they always add this "and more." It reminds me of a retail ad--"Towels, washcloths, bedspreads, and more!!"]

MORE?

YES. I WANT TO DO MORE WORK THAN ANYONE HAS EVER DONE.

COOKIES WOULD BE BETTER.

I WANT TO SHOW MY SINCERITY BY COMPOSING A HUGE ENORMOUS RESEARCH PAPER FOR YOU TO READ.

I SEE.

IT WILL BE TREMENDOUS. IT WILL PUT YOU TO SLEEP IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH.

OH GOOD.

AND I'M WILLING TO DO ANY EXTRA CREDIT PROJECTS YOU HAVE.

I DON'T GIVE EXTRA CREDIT.

OH.

I must close the curtain on this interview, dear reader, because now is when it gets painful and the poor little student turns into Betsy Wetsy, or is it Chatty Cathy, and cries REAL TEARS.

I think Betsy Wetsy actually wet herself and I haven't seen that yet from a student AND I DON'T WANT TO.

Let's grit our teeth, friends.
Be Here Now.

A bientot
love,
becky

7 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

As usual you have provided me with my belly laugh for the week Becky!

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Superior bloopers, b. That death penalty one is priceless - you couldn't come up with better if you tried.

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey thanks, you guys.

b

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Who cares if there's a writer's strike when you've got this!

 
At 6:00 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Gee whiz, SM, I think that made my day.

b

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I think you are underestimating the social moray problem. Just the other night, an eel tried to pick me up at a karaoke bar.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Toni, you're right about the social morays. They're slippery devils and I think they do hang out at karaoke bars.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home