Tuesday, October 09, 2007

SOOOOOOOOO SATISFYING


Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling (left) and designated hitter David Ortiz celebrated their American League Division Series win over the Los Angeles Angels on Sunday. Schilling picked up the win with seven shutout innings. Ortiz did his part with a home run.
I've waited so long for you to ask me to dance. I never thought it would happen, but now it has and I'm so happy.
Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon (left) doused Ortiz with champagne.

Meanwhile, a goggleless Jonathan Papelbon is getting really good at this alcohol spraying thing. If the pitching gig doesn't work out, he could work as an extirminator.

Schilling sprayed champagne in the locker room after getting the win in the deciding game of the ALDS.

And Schill could take over at the car wash, I'd say.
Red Sox fans go nuts after Boston advanced to the American League Championship on Sunday.

Red Sox Nation still doesn't care where their cars are (and the cars are that much nicer in LaLa)
Eric Hinske (left) sprayed champagne while Jon Lester poured some on his head.

Hold still, dude. That cowlick isn't going to bother you any more.
Ortiz (left) and Julian Tavarez (right) hugged during the celebration.
Come here, you big blockhead.
Members of the Red Sox pour champagne over the head of Schilling during the celebration.

And finally, Curt Schilling's head takes so much pressure that it actually is severed.

Loving it, baby.

Soak it up.

So much better than sucking it up.
Thanks to the Boston Globe. You guys are the best.
A bientot
love,becky

5 Comments:

At 11:36 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Yes! Had to wait an extra day for that extra satisfying result, too, because Johnny Who? got some hits, but that much more enjoyable when he whiffed in the 9th yesterday!

Poor NYY -- still another, what, 79 years left on that curse?

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, it's all so sweet, SM.

Enjoy, enjoy.

b

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Here's a high five baby!
(Does that sound American enuff?)
Our boys LOST.
(I hope Sandman DIDN'T watch!)
And the whole country is in mourning - oh we are grieving ... we are morose, downhearted and blue - sounds like a c&w riff coming on there eh ...
My d-i-l thinks it's funny. I can't not agree. But they lost at the quarter finals - that's unheard of. It is SO galling. (Excuse pun - they lost to the French you see ... heh heh.)
Oh well ... all I can say is I knew it was going to happen. I predicted a loss to the French weeks ago. People hate me!
Never mind - here we come 2010 when we are the host country.That will be our year.
Anyhoo - glad the Red Sox won!

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, the Red Sox haven't won it all yet, CB. If that happens, CFTE may levitate up out of the computer.

Sorry about the loss. Know how it feels. Been there, done that. Time heals all wounds--I know, SHUT UP WITH THE CLICHES.
It sucks.

Thanks for the very American high five. b

 
At 2:35 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I didn't watch actually -- I guess I missed it. At least I didn't jinx them! I thought I'd set up my TiVo to record it, and had been wondering why it hadn't shown up yet but hadn't gotten around to investigating. I'm going to try to catch part of the semi this weekend, though, because I'm curious what top-tier rugby looks like.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home