Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Setback

Okay, not a biggie. We're down two games to one. It means nothing, well, not that much. We're doing fine.
And we really don't want to talk about it.
We're leading our normal lives. We're not going out of our way to do stupid superstitious stuff.
If we had ridiculous routines that we have gone through in the past that seemed to work, we know them for the silly wives' tales they are. Pointless.
Meaningless.
Laughable.
hand holding a 
rabbit's foot 
key chain. fotosearch 
- search stock 
photos, pictures, 
images, and photo 
clipart
Only morons would try things like, I don't know, rabbits' feet or lucky socks or...
RIBBED SOCKS
gosh, what would be left after that? You might as well fire up a witches' brew. Geesh. We're WAY too sophisticated here in New England for that.
Although, you know, I'm pretty sure they have eye of newt at Hannaford's.

Witch with Cauldron and Fog

Have to go.
Rah rah and all that. We'll do it on our own merits.
Or Josh Beckett's merits.
A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 6:20 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I like the knitted lucky socks! I bet they're four-needle jobs.

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh god, we need four needles, CB.

It may be all over.

b

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Argh, I can barely stand it, and I don't even follow them closely now. Let's talk about something else before we get other ideas for using the needles.

Did you vote yesterday?

BTW, CB, I watched the England v. France match and was fascinated and entertained. Rugby is wild! Faint connections to American Football here and there, but after two hours I still don't understand the mechanics of play (let alone what's good or bad play). And they tackle and pile up constantly, with no pads or helmets on! With the ABs out, do you care who wins now?

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh sandman, I don't want to admit that I forgot to vote. I'm ashamed.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home