Friday, October 12, 2007

Rainy Zest


Rainy Day CardinalReading student journals this weekend, which are always remarkable in some way. I tell them to please remember I'M READING THIS STUFF, YA KNOW, so they won't get carried away with too many details of illegal enjoyment, family secrets, etc.


But they still tell me.


Usually, it's a heartrending saga of some kind, sometimes about being gay and how difficult it is. Sometimes about how a close relative has died and they don't feel like going on.


They are missing zest and my heart aches for them.


Then again some are about the laundromat and whatever happens there on a Saturday afternoon.






My pace will be 20 journals per day, so when you're enjoying that latte at Starbucks, dear reader, know that I am mired in tales of automotive problems and Texas Hold 'Em strategy. One student posed the always-pertinent question: "I have a pretty fat paycheck coming. I don't know whether I should use it for bills and my girlfriend's birthday gift, or take it all and try to win big on the online poker site." All in handwriting that sends me into the sunset blind (book title?)
I'd best be getting with it.
Go Sox!!
A bientot
love,
becky


2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That little red riding hood bird is just so cute.
As are your students ...
Go Sox! (Now you've got me doing it!)

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Well gosh thanks, CB. Right now the Sox NEED YOUR HELP.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home