Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Line-up

Batting leadoff is Dustin Pedroia, a goony-geeky-looking kid. This is his college picture. BUT WE LOVE DUSTIN!!!! Wonder if he was named for Dustin Hoffman. If I were a fan of an opposing team, I would hate him. He looks like a gum-snapping obnoxious little twerp that keeps getting hits. OH YEAH, BABY!!!!
Batting second is Kevin YOOOOOOOOOOoooooukilis. This was taken before he went for the Van Dyck beard affectation. He has attitude.
Here's a better picture of him.
Batting third is God.
Watching Big Papi round the bases from a walkoff home run in the ninth inning (when else would it be a walkoff? duh) is one of life's joys. It always sounds so funny when Francona refers to him as "David," although he is David Ortiz and maybe it shouldn't sound funny, but it does. People go into catatonic chanting vein-splitting frenzies when he comes to bat. BIG PAPI!!! COME ON PAPI!!! PAPI!!!
It's a little scary sometimes.
What can I say about Manny Being Manny?
Image...
If I were an opposing fan, I would hate him too. He plays with no pressure. Hey man, we win or we lose, no big. Now some criticize him for this, but in truth it enables him to perform WHEN WE NEED HIM TO. Any time he saunters up to the plate is the potential end of a pitcher's career. Manny oozes with talent. In addition, he has found new ways to push the Hair Envelope
Below is Mike Lowell, as Kevin Millar introduced him on Fox the other night, the man with the biggest eyebrows in baseball. He could rival Mike Dukakis.
Red Sox infielder and testicular cancer survivor Mike Lowell speaks with broadcasters during the 2006 WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon.He's a canny, cagey hitter and must love it when they walk Manny to get to him. He makes them PAY. Love this guy and he looks so sincere, doesn't he? I think he could sell cars.
Here's J.D. Drew. This was taken before the season. Look how happy he is. By the time he hit that grand slam the other night, he looked lower than a snake's belly. It must be tough listening to all the remarks about how terrible he is. That grand slam must have made his season and I'm glad for him.
Jason Varitek runs the whole show from behind the plate. He inspires confidence. He's manly. I think he would change my tire if he saw me on the highway. He does have a low hairline, but I'd still let him.

Julio LugoJulio Lugo is very earnest. He doesn't act silly or crazy. I think he takes his work seriously. That's probably why he is struggling in the lineup. I am putting him out of correct order because I want to end with.....

the New Babe, Jacoby Ellsbury. That's such an unusual first name.
JACOBY!!! YOUR OATMEAL IS READY!!!
JACOBY!! DID YOU PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN?
This kid is serious eye candy. Of Navajo descent, he is the studliest looking young fellow to come along in a while. Also a skilled player and a lucky one. I think I'm feeling faint.
Let's look at the pitchers another time. I need to fan myself.
A bientot
love,
becky
http://www.statcounter.com/

6 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But but but...No Wakefield! He did NOT look happy during the press conference today. I did not look happy after the press conference today. How about you? Okay, he's older, has a bad back, but STILL!!!

 
At 2:10 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Thanks - I'm getting to know my team really well now ;)

 
At 2:13 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hey ! Just heard the Red Sox coach say "What's on our radar is tomorrow's night game". Courtesy of feed into our kiwi Sports Show called The Crowd Goes Wild. Yay for international communications! (Shame about Wakefield's shoulder injury eh?)

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Penny, I'm totally with you on Wake!!! He seems so unassuming and humble. I'm scared sometimes, though, when he pitches. I'll be posting the pitchers next time.

CB, Thrilled that you are noticing...I have trash talked my agent Kristin Nelson on her blog about it, since she lives in Denver. Should be fun.

b

 
At 2:16 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oooh, are you being nice after game one or are you rubbing it in? No wait, don't tempt fate by rubbing it in!!

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I'm being nice after game one, sm. I'm not totally crazy....no way will I tempt fate.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home