Saturday, September 15, 2007

Living for Columbus Day

That's right, dear reader, and every teacher and every student in America knows why. IT'S A FREAKING DAY OFF, THAT'S WHY.
God, it seems I've been doing this for months and it's only been a week. I have around 130 students and frankly, this is how I feel.
Know what I'm sayin'? I of course do not have the six-pack abs. Is that what those are? My ribs can't exactly be made out. Let's not go there. Next week the first papers come in and I will more closely resemble this guy.
Image of a man drowningI wonder what the most prevalent error will be. Will it be "women," as in "a women walked into the room" or "she was a foolish women." Perhaps it will be something erudite, such as "if you believe that, you believe in the Eastern Bunny" [note: he can't be everywhere, you know]. Hopefully, no one will speak of the Noble Prize.
But I will get through it. I will get to Columbus Day and enjoy it fully. And then? And then? Oh baby, that's right-- Veterans' Day!!!!!
The 3rd U.S. Infantry’s U.S. Army Drill Team executes precision drill movements during a festival at Fort Eustis, Va.  This photo appeared on www.army.mil.Always optimistic, boys and girls.
A bientot
love,
becky

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

The holidays are what get you through teaching ... my ABM knows that one. Teachers deserve all the holidays they can get. Don't yous? (Ouch! Do you get the 'yous' word over there? We do in NZ. ... shudder shudder ....)

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Some places in the US, they say "youse," CB. In the South they say "y'all." Around here I guess we mostly say "you guys."
I love the NZ accent...

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home