Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Multi-tasking



You may recognize this back yard as belonging to my parents in Arkansas. You would be right. And you may also recall that these two personages, well okay, "statues" if you insist, stood much closer together earlier in the summer. Miss Muffet and St. Francis have quite obviously been separated by someone who took the trouble to hoist and heft them apart. I find that intriguing. I'll bet they were causing mischief.


HEY HONEY! SETTLE DOWN! I DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING BY WHAT I SAID.


DON'T 'HONEY' ME! WHAT YOU SAID SHOULDN'T BE UTTERED BY A MAN YOUR AGE! AND YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A SAINT!


SAINT, SCHMAINT. I CAN'T HELP WHAT PEOPLE CALL ME. IT'S JUST ALL THESE BIRDS AND ANIMALS FLY AROUND ME. I DIDN'T ASK THEM TO.


THEY FLY OVER ME TOO AND IT'S RUINING MY DRESS! TELL THEM TO CUT IT OUT!


THEY THINK I'M THEIR PATRON, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?


SOMEONE OUGHT TO PUT YOU OUT THERE WITH THE BAMBOO!
WHY DON'T YOU PULL YOUR DRESS DOWN AND TRY?
SHUT UP ABOUT MY DRESS! I'M CALLING THE PLASTER OF PARIS POLICE! I CAN ACCUSE YOU OF STATUE RAPE!


It probably got vastly annoying so someone separated them. In my mind, they could have been put in different sections of the yard, but I guess it was too much trouble.


In other news, my night of TV viewing was somewhat disappointing. When you're not used to watching, all the shows tend to blend in with each other, so after four hours, my eyes were crossed and my brain was a compost heap of mush and promotional materials. The Conchordes was okay, but not great and I'm about to kick them off my viewing list, except for when they say "dick-hid."
Big Love has so many weird plot lines that I can't keep them straight and they don't spend enough time on any of them. One funny plot is Harry Dean Stanton, the very weird Prophet of the very weird compound, was shot and nearly dead. His son, who CLEARLY wants to take over, vouched for good medical care at home andwas allowed by the hospital to drag poor Harry out of there. The son and his Stepford Sister Wife practically have the hypodermic needles poised in the car to blast the father to kingdom come, forgive the expression. They keep pumping him full of sedatives and it is hilarious.
WEEDS wasn't very funny. I don't like the drug dealer parts. Californication was funny, though, except for the vomit scene.
I really hate seeing vomit. Of course I understand I'm not alone in this--BECKY!! WE LOVE VOMIT HERE IN (insert town)! but I have a real aversion to it. I'm also intensely afraid of snakes, and would you believe that in four hours of viewing I had to see BOTH????
I'm past 30,000 words on my book and including convent scenes, which I didn't think I was going to do. Stay tuned.
I've been reading mysteries and thrillers, including Thomas Perry's NIGHTLIFE about a woman cop tracking a woman serial killer. Hey, it's about time!
A bientot
love,
becky

1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I often think about your parents garden furniture and what it's up to - so thank you for the update!
Thanks too for the warning re the TV progs - what to avoid ...
Now that murder mystery you're reading sounds just what I wish I was reading right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home