Wednesday, August 15, 2007

High School Musical and other thoughts



High School Musical is a Disney film and I expected to hate it. A friend of mine has been urging me to watch it and finally we did. It is filled with coincidences and sappy sweet sentiment. It could never ever happen in real life, plus people burst into song and dance at the slightest provocation. This last bit doesn't bother me because I have always loved musicals.


So there I sat, mentally sneering at this thing. And all of a sudden I LOVED IT. Oh. My. God. I was groovin' and chillin', if those are the right words. The dancing is GREAT and they kindly include all the numbers at the end for your perusal. The finale brings me out of my chair. The best thing about it is that it is so completely far away from edginess. I am so sick of "edgy." Fk edgy. That is all.


In other news, this same friend and I went on a day trip to the Cape yesterday. We hit Falmouth and Hyannis, ate copious amounts of fudge and ice cream. I should be taken outside and shot. This is where we parked at the Mass. Maritime Academy. My friend would not let me walk down the canal and photograph this way cool battleship, the William Brown or something like that. It might not have been a battleship, but it was big.
Here is a cool shot of the drawbridge lowered with vehicles crossing it. You don't often get to see that, I guess. We try to bring you breaking news here at CFE, dear reader, as always.

To celebrate my return from a long day out, one of the visiting cats at my house decided to leave a nice piece of PUKE at the top of the stairs. At first I thought, gosh, how did a pecan praline get all the way up here? Sorry to be so crude. Now I love these cats, don't get me wrong. But it was not a nice homecoming for Mommy (step Mommy)
Tomorrow I am off to the Berkshires to see GB Shaw's Mrs. Warren's Profession. My review will follow.
Just under 30,000 words on the nun book. It's rolling.
A bientot
love,
becky


3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Fk edgy - so true. I will look out for High School Musical. Keep rolling with the writing b!

 
At 1:33 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I envy how often you go to the Cape. Looks like that drawbridge is a railroad bridge, with a train on it! Impressive. On closer look, I see there's a second, higher bridge in the background with cars on it (well, a truck anyway) -- must be the Bourne Bridge? I didn't know about the academy there.

I wonder if anyone has ever taught a cat to barf in a litter box. Seems unlikely... but it would sure be nice.

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Mark, you will feel even more that way as your son gets older!!!

SM, I don't think it's the Bourne, maybe the Sagamore? MMA is just on the other side.
Barf box for cats is another great idea.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home