Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bye, Kitty!!!!!


Actually, both kitties are in there and they have returned home where the sleeping is even better than at my house.
I do enjoy keeping my doors open in my closets and not worrying about pill bottles spewing, or spewing in general for that matter (see previous post)
So freedom reigns chez Motew once again. Now I can concentrate on three syllabi for fall semester (GROAN!!) and my nun book, which is growing backwards right now. That means I'm working on parts I've already worked on rather than going forward. It's a "dick-hid" way to work (see below).
Inside the Scene
So how will they end Big Love this season? Bill Paxton, or as my friends and I call him, cute Bill Paxton, has become far less godly this time around, although he did dump the waitress because his sexual feelings were not "celestial." Too bad for her. See now, if you had to be a plural wife and he was the husband, it would be one thing. But I'd probably get some gnarly weird old dude with severe ear hair. Not that ear hair is a deal killer in and of itself, but GOD!! SHUT UP ABOUT EAR HAIR!!! Actually, there's no shortage of creepy guys on the show, including Harry Dean Stanton and Bruce Dern, if you're into CGs, you'd be in clover.
The best part of the show is still the opening where they play "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys. I usually have to get up and dance to that.
Okay, so this is how serious TV addiction starts. I go to my girlfriend's to watch Big Love and of course we start watching the show in front of it, Flight of the Conchords, which is also very funny. We love the big guy who says "Dick-hid" a lot. They are New Zealanders and that is the BEST word!!! Dick-hid!! Dick-hid!!
Then after Big Love we have to watch Weeds, which is truly weird.
Watch this show? Yes indeedy weedy.
Then last week we finished up with David Duchovny's new one called Californication, which is jaw-droppingly irreverent.
I really have to tip my hat to serious cuteness here. I know a lot of men find him lacking, but tough toenails--he is tops in my book. I love that aloof thing
So I pretty much laugh my ass off at all these shows and then get home late and sleep in.
All part of Living the Dream, dear reader.
A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 2:03 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

How great can life be?
Who knew Dick-hid was such a funny word?!
great choice of TV Progs.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

New Zealand is like the cool hip place these days, CB. b

 
At 1:15 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I still haven't tried Big Love but on your mention watched the pilot of Conchords (On Demand), which I'd been meaning to check out. I'd seen a bit of their (standup) comedy somewhere before which was great, then the guy with glasses did Outback Steakhouse commercials that were hit or miss, and I had caught one scene of their show where they were learning how to flip the bird that cracked me up. Love your phonetic "dick-hid" spelling -- spot on.

Sorry to hear Californication is great -- I don't get Showtime! I'll have to watch it at my friend's... Yup, addiction-prone.

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

The Duchovny show is really raunchy, SM--hope that's okay!!!!

b

 
At 12:40 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Even better -- the real X-Files!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home