Monday, July 09, 2007

Hi Ho Hi Ho




It's off to work we go, dear reader.




Mood: optimistic.


Gas tank: full.


Hair: pretty good.


Preparation: I could do this with my eyes closed.




In summer school you sometimes get a few slackers, people who have failed before and need to pass in order to move on. You'd think these would be the most motivated students, wouldn't you? You would be WRONG.



I saw EVENING over the weekend and it was good, especially Clare Danes. I think I'm "all set" with Vanessa Redgrave. I understand and appreciate that she is brave and makes brave choices and has embraced her grayness and oldness and decrepitude, but she's been doing it since she's been 25, hasn't she? It's like in every movie she looks more wizened and ancient than you could think possible. I wondered on the way in how she could possibly outdo herself in this regard, but she did. She played a deathbed old lady in a nightgown and looked like Methuseleh. 'WAIT. LET ME MOVE A LITTLE SO THE CAMERA CAN PICK UP THE LITTLE WHISKERS ON MY UPPER LIP!!!


Sorry. She is a great actress, but I can't take it any more.


I am reading THE MATHEMATICS OF LOVE by Emma Darwin, descendant of Chuck, and it is pretty good.
EVIDENT LAST ACTIVITY OF CATS BEFORE THEY LEFT:
Dead mouse in the hallway--yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
A bientot
love,
becky

counter free hit unique web


4 Comments:

At 12:02 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Awww, how sweet -- they got you a hostess gift!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

If only they could get the squirrels, SM!!

b

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Happy Zest day on Friday Becky! Glad you enjoy your work - can't say the same ... and I've got insomnia to boot, worrying about being given more responsibility I don't want ... it's a long story ... But I intend having a word with the boss tomorrow - which only adds to the insomnia.
I tell ya, it's a cruel world - I wanna get off! (Roll on Friday and all that zest.)

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh CB, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!! You deserve zest.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home