Sunday, June 24, 2007

TAGGED!




I'm it!! I've been "tagged" by my good friend Chief Biscuit in New Zealand, celebrating a birthday today by the way. I now must do the following:






1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.




2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.




3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.




4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).




5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged (cut and run).




All rightie then!! (Did that sound like New Zealand? More like Jim Carrey?)




I confess this will be hard to do if I am to avoid facts I have already given...maybe I can slide one or two in there. Maybe they won't be remembered. I'm sneaky sometimes. Also I invariably forget to keep the thing going. I was never any good at chain letters either. Here goes.


Fact #1: When I was in the second grade I ended up on the ground inside a circle of other children who were playing Little Teapot, or at least I think that's what it was, though I can't remember how to play it. I somehow got kicked in the front teeth. I was fine, but a few years later had a terrible abscess in my front tooth, which could have been caused by this teapot kick.


[GOOD GRIEF, is this the best she can do? Let's hope the pace picks up]




Fact #2: I hate superhero stuff. Comic books, movies, whatever. There's something wrong with me, I guess.




Every time I have let myself be lured into a Batman movie --oh Becky, you will love it!--I have regretted it. As soon as the movie starts, I am wondering what time it is. I am never going to another one.





Fact #3: I have rather cheap taste. Seriously. I think it's from my upbringing. Sorry, Mom. I got her leftover furniture all these years ago and have never replaced it. In fact, it's still sitting in the same place decades later. My reaction to this is: whatever.




Fact #4: I used to be a competent waterskier. I am not lying. I harbor a secret urge to try it again, though I'd probably end up with abscessed teeth and worse.



Fact #5: I am named for my great aunt Becky. I grew up being "little Becky" to her "big Becky." Big Becky was one of the first female linotype operators in the country at the Elmira Star-Gazette. She never married and was a union member. She used to visit us every year and cause trouble. I am very proud of my connection to her.



How am I doing? Do I have three more?


Fact #6: The first boy I ever kissed was a college kid (I was in high school). We drove up in my driveway, he put his arm around me (I knew it was coming) and stuck his tongue out as he aimed. Gross.


Fact #7: I now own a cell phone. I will post on this later. Civilization is coming to an end.


Fact #8: I can walk on stilts.

Probably won't be posting for a few days, dear reader, as I enjoy my vacay.
No doubt my hair will revert to its preferred restive state.




A bientot
love,
Becky

6 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Who needs a lawnmower if you can walk across the meadow on stilts? Better get a headset for the cellphone, though, so you can talk while stilting through the yard...

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You know it, sm.

b

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

My friend e-mailed me today that BBC America is having a little Eddie Izzard marathon on the Fourth of July running five stand-up specials spanning six hours (1pm-7pm). Thought you'd like to know -

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

WOW, I WOULD like to know that....if I can get to a TV, I'll be watching!!!!

Thanks SM,
b

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Becky, Becky, Becky, I knew you were just the person to ask. Loved reading those random facts - enlightening stuff indeed, with that ever-present wry sense of humour so endearing and so good enough to get you for a sitcom. (Come to think of it - why don't you write stuff for sitcoms? They would be far funnier if you were part of the writing team!)
Your Big Becky sounds like good material for a book.
A water-skier of some merit? And a stilt-walker? Who woulda thought?

PS I think the kiwi equivalent for 'all rightie' then would be - 'Right oh mate'. ;)

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Your mouth to God's ear, CB.

Thanks.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home