Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Welcome to Arkansas

For most people, Bill and Hillary are the only residents they've ever known from the Natural State. Is that what they call it now? It used to be Land of Opportunity on the license plate. Actually, Bill is a true Arkie, but Hillary is from Chi and now they're both in New York. You can see Bill's hometown Hot Springs, just a little way to the left of Little Rock off Rte. 70. My dad used to refer to the bypass there with WalMart and all the other stores as "Paris on 270" We still laugh about that one. And we still call it that too.

I'm still learning about this new Google stuff and haven't yet figured how to get copy underneath the map. I'm making my way slowly up the learning curve.

I am actually writing to you from the Fletcher public library in Little Rock. I have the car and I don't have to be home for an hour. AAAAAAAAAAH. It may be SteinMart time!!!

My dad told someone last week that Mother was "in the hospital for corpuscles."

Back next Tuesday, dear reader.
love,
becky
map of Arkansas cities

1 Comments:

At 2:35 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Corpuscles! That cracks me up - but hey! What a great word!
Enjoy Arkansas - looking forward to more reports.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home