Tuesday, April 10, 2007

If only I Could Make Carrot Flowers



Don't let my daughter fool you. She can't make them either. Only restaurants can. Or people in the PTA we don't want to know.

Maybe I will write a book about a girl who makes carrot flowers and soap sculptures and Kleenex origami. A loving girl who falls for a mean guy and her friends tell her to beware but she feels that because she can make carrot flowers, everything else will work out. CARROT GIRL.

Nah.

Maybe it'll be a book about a woman who sits and stares at a statue of Mark Twain and makes carrot flowers while she does it. CARROT GIRL AND THE STATUE.

Nah.

I'll stick with the old ladies, who right now are running a prostitute ring. How did I get there? I'm not sure exactly.

I'm reading SECRET SOCIETY GIRL by Diana Peterfreund and it is fascinating. I have always longed to be in a secret club and never have been. Doesn't someone want to invite me?

And as if there weren't enough troubles in the world, Hannaford's is doing a complete remodel. AAAAAAAAAAARGH, I don't know where anything is. By the time I emerge from its aisles, I have the look of a losing Survivor contestant who has been voted off the show. OUT!!!

It's COLD in New England, dear reader. REALLY COLD. What's up with that?




Sacre Bleu!
A bientot

love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 1:50 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Sometimes I feel like hanging out on your blog is a sort of secret club.

My Hannaford did the same thing when they remodelled, with all the latest scientific ideas on how to arrange groceries I'm sure. For the first two weeks they had all these extra helpers running around to tell you where to find things -- who can figure it out in only a couple weeks?

Did you notice how similar that photo is to your profile picture? Fuchsia turtlenecks, turned heads, and two great smiles.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

More on Hannaford's next time, sm.

Thanks for the kind words.

b

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can see the look of you in your daughter's eyes. Truly I can. A very pretty face.
I love those carrot ideas for a book.
The old ladies of yours are getting up to lots of stuff, I can tell.
It's cold here too - but then we have the excuse of an approaching winter.
I've just finished reading a Marge Piercy book that featured New England - is Provincetown anywhere near you?

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

CB,

Provincetown is in my state but way out on the crooked finger, so to speak, of Massachusetts. It's at least a two hour drive from here.

I think I read that Piercy book, was it Summer People? She is great.

b

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Yes it was Summer People and I devoured it - great holiday reading.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home