Wednesday, March 21, 2007

EXCUSES



I GOT OFF WORK LATE.

MY CAR BROKE DOWN.

MY PRINTER WASN'T WORKING.

I WAS REALLY DRUNK.

I HAD TO WORK SECOND SHIFT.

BELIEVE ME, PROFESSOR MOTEW, I MEANT TO CORRECT ALL THE ERRORS.

IF ONLY YOU COULD LIVE MY LIFE,YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND, PROFESSOR MOTEW.


I do understand.

I have lived your life. I have done what you do.

Seriously.

You still have to make sentences come out of the mist. You are capable of it. You must spell correctly and make tenses agree.

Your eventual life will take shape from the essay you write for me. You will prove your worth with my essay.

I really mean it.

Check back in ten years. I was the best thing that got in your way.

See you in class.

A bientot
love, Professor Motew
aka becky


counter free hit unique web

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM , Blogger Mark said...

I dare you to write that next time you get an excuse on a paper. I still remember that character of yours who described his excuse as "sad and interesting". That was great.

Maeve is very cute btw. And I like the idea of getting her photo on some announcement service. Never too young to start work I reckon.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Professor Motew's a meanie - she just won't accept second best. She actually expects us to think! To engage our brains. To get our behinds out of bed in the mornings - every morning. Professor Motew's so mean. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home