Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BURRITO BABY



This is the term my daughter-in-law uses to describe little Maeve when she is swaddled up. Maeve likes that swaddled feeling--well, who doesn't?

Maeve is a smiling little doll these days and it cracks me up to see my own reaction and everybody else's. We become raving juvenile simpletons in the face of this kind of cuteness. They should make unpleasant announcements with this photograph accompanying, and see if that doesn't cheer people up.

TAXES ARE GOING UP!! Yes, but what does it really matter?

YOU'RE BEING EVICTED!!! I guess there are worse things.

YOU'RE BEING CHARGED A LATE FEE THAT YOU DON'T DESERVE! Oh, let's roll with it.

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? YOU'RE BEING CHARGED WITH A CRIME!! Whatever.

I think tomorrow is the first day of spring and I'D BETTER SEE SOME SIGNS OF IT OR THERE'S GOING TO BE TROUBLE!!! Nobody wants to see a grown woman on her roof screaming, do they? (around here you can't be too sure) I suppose we should try to remain calm after the warm January and December we had. But I don't care!! I'm selfish!! And vexed!!!

A VEXING SITUATION
VEXING ALL THE WAY
THE VEXING HEX
A VEXING SPRING

I know it seems a bit egocentric to post all these photos of myself, but I happen to be the most available subject to TAKE a picture of. Besides, I need a selection for when Cosmo comes begging, don't I? Would they rather see my shower curtain or me? Don't answer that.

















A bientot

love,
becky

2 Comments:

At 7:04 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

YOU every time. Yes I like those vexing titles ... A Vexing Situation has a certain ring to it - must be all the alliteration.
And that baby Maeve (love the name too) is just the sweetest little poppet! (Makes me miss Baby H who I believe must be about the same age - five months?)

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Jan said...

When my grandson was born, a friend said: " Wait for it, you'll fall in love!"
I sniggered, but she was right.
Almost 2 yrs on, I AM HOPELESSLY in love with a real little cutie.
SO! I know exactly what you are saying..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home