Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Choose Carefully





WHAT IS THAT FLAVOR ON THIS HAMBURGER?

IT'S DEEP WOODS OFF. REFRESHING, ISN'T IT?

You have to give yourself little laughs in your life, don't you? I mean little repeating ones that always get you. This is one of mine, dear reader. Every time I reach for the cooking spray I see these three cans side by side and have a good chuckle.

I really should get out more.

But I am proud to say I have never made the above mistake. I think it would be more fun if a guest did it. I don't ask too many guests to cook, though, so the odds of it happening are low.

The converse of the hamburger event would be trying to ward off mosquitoes with butter flavored cooking oil. Don't we think that would agitate the mosquitoes beyond belief?

OH.

MY.

GOD.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE MOTEWS'? YOU CAN GET BATHED IN BUTTER THERE.

YOU'RE KIDDING.

NO. IT'S AWESOME. I MET A GNAT THERE WHO IS INCREDIBLY HOT.


You have now seen the inside of one of my cabinets. Of course I did spruce it up a little for your inspection, but I must say, this blog stuff is getting rather intimate. I'm tempted to show my new shower curtain next, but what would people say?

No, I think next will be an insider edition scoop of Hannaford's. See it the way I see it.

They should only know about the cooking spray.








You never know who's watching.



A bientot

love,
Becky

4 Comments:

At 2:49 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can see it all ... butter-drenched mossies. Sandfly-flavoured. limp lettuce leaves.

Looking forward to being privy to the inner sanctum of Hannafords - I don't even know what Hannafords is .... a supermarket?

Your looks belie what your cupboards reveal! ;) You are one dangerous woman.

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Chief!!! Yes, Hannaford's is a supermarket and I hate it but shop there anyway. I have no excuse.

Great to see you here again. I think I have disabled the Evil Controls.

b

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Comments are back, hooray! (now pop-up flavored)

I left a few while they were being suppressed -- did you not get the hang of the moderator thing, or was it just broken?

I'll bet orange-colored Off! cans are less full-bodied than the robust, Deep Woods flavor, not for true connoisseurs. Just like orange-rimmed decaf coffee pots. What if DEET turned out to be an excellent no-stick cooking spray?

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I'm sure you're right, SM1. We should try every spray we can in our frying pansm eh?

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home