Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jingle Jingle


Here's how many gifts I have wrapped for the upcoming Christmas holiday.

None.

Here's how many I have acquired and not wrapped.

Zero.

Here's how many I still have to get.

All of them.

One of my kids goes out every year at 4pm on Christmas Eve and does all his holiday shopping. Maybe I'll try that some year, but not while I'm still hosting the gala at my house, which I am again in 2006. I try to accomplish three gifts at a time whenever I can. If I'm picking up something for one of my kids, hey, maybe somebody else would like that thing too.

I can bludgeon my way through a store with great efficiency when I have to.

I just don't feel like it.

[whine alert]

I have too many papers to grade, too many Works Cited pages to pore over, and too many ticklish situations to handle. The end of the semester is much less pleasant than the beginning, when all is hope and joy. THAT phrase makes me think of Dalliance Woman, which features two sisters with those names. I have written a few chapters on it but have some decisions to make.

Like what is the plot?

I mean I know what the book is about, but I need an actual story line, or at least I think I do.

So far I guess that makes everything I've written merely a musing. There's a title, and I do love titles.

MERELY A MUSING
NAKED IN AN HOUR
OUR LESS DOUR SELVES

This is much more fun than shopping. Stay tuned for the actual date I'll be mashing the chocolate wafers. My chocolate mousse pie is to DIE for. I plan to play the Messiah really loud and start on the Bailey's while I do it.

Fa la la,


love,
becky

7 Comments:

At 3:52 PM , Blogger Mark said...

NAKED IN AN HOUR is really intriguing. Why an hour?

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Maybe the protagonist has a one-hour commute home at night...

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

It refers to the length of time needed for a seduction.

Or at least that is my idea.

Not that I would know.

b

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Hank Phillippi Ryan said...

It's very difficult to read your blog entries. I laugh too hard, then my leftover mascara starts to run. I started picturing the shoppers, talking to themselves, and realize I've done that. I also ask for advice from total strangers--"do you think a 25 year old would like this?" "Is Christina Aguilera cool? Or over?" Like they know. In the end, face it, it finally comes down to magazine subscriptions. We should just realize that sooner. Speaking of what we should realize: where's the chocolate thing recipe, girl?

 
At 5:28 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sounding pretty good to me - let me know when you hit the Baileys!(BTW you're making the build-up to Xmas a whole lot for me better than it used to be.)

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, you guys. Hank, I'll make sure you get the recipe. Chief, at least you have good weather for this holiday.

b

 
At 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog - villa for rent majorca. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home