Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Bit of Royal Whining




The Queen takes her own picture with trepidation.







The Princess and others of the Royal Family




This camera thing could be big trouble. You can't just put people's pictures up there without permission as I now know. I'm a little nervous about the one I have here now, but hopefully everyone will be fine with it. And I don't think one can put one's own picture up repeatedly without looking like a dork (not that this has ever stopped me before).

Maybe I could lay out every pair of socks I have on the floor and take pictures of them. No, no. I could photograph all of my outdated kitchen utensils and bowls, etc. Would this be worse than old pictures of the Grand Canyon?

Don't worry, I've never been to the Grand Canyon.

I may start posting pictures of the track where I walk. Maybe the camera could be hoisted to my forehead--a BeckyCam--and viewers could see everything I see.

Yawn.

I could take candid pictures at Hannaford's and post them and then get sued. That might be fun. Or what about snapping the bad grapes that I sometimes see there? HAH!! Or, and this would be fantastic, JUST as the cashier hands me the receipt and doesn't say the magic word (and we all know what that is), I TAKE HER PICTURE AND BOLT!!! Flash and Dash!!!

I just love doing this. It's taking my mind off my troubles and especially off my writing troubles. See, now is when I actually have TIME to write, when I can actually DO it. So naturally my brain is empty. Every direction I turn in leads to a blind alley. It's like postpartum depression, which I had three times. One time the obstetrician gave me a bottle of purple liquid which he told me to take for the "blues." I remember looking at it and thinking, "it won't help." I was too depressed to take it. That's kind of the way I feel now except I haven't given birth, unless you count the chocolate mousse pie. I did give birth to that and with great labor. I haven't been given any purple liquid and don't want any either and in truth, what am I complaining about?

I get the Christmas "blues" every year.

Part of it is knowing that all the decorations that just went up have to come down. And it all looks so nice. Why can't it just stay up year round, that's what I'd like to know. Why can't life be like a lucid dream where I can tell people what to say and know what's going to happen and it would all be good? Yeah? That's what I thought.

I am Enjoying My Vacation no matter what.

love,
becky

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I like that you put up pics of yourself - looking gorgeous too I might add.
And your family I'm sure won't mind - they look a kind, relaxed bunch.
Yes there's a little post-Christmas blue glow around here too - despite the yellow sunshine. The fact that I've been abandoned for, respectively: the golf course, a fiance, a roadie (road trip), doesn't help. (Now I've got the 'poor mes' ...AND like you, I can't write; even tho' right now, being all alone, the opportunity to abounds. :)

 
At 4:41 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks for the kind words, Chief. May we both find our writing fingers soon....love,b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home