Thursday, November 09, 2006

SMILE! You've been blog-tagged!!!!



I have been blog-tagged by my buddy
Martha O'Connor
, which means I now have to give five little known facts about myself and then tag five friends to do the same thing.

Okay.

So.

Five little known facts. What am I willing to tell?

1) This is pretty good and will drop a few jaws. I have had 17 root canals. That's right, boys and girls, 17 times I have endured the 22 prober (see previous post where thankfully I did not say how many I have had so that it would remain a little known fact and I wouldn't be s.o.l. right now.)

2) I can walk on stilts. This is really true. If you show up here at my house with a pair of stilts, I can get right up on them and take off down the street. I won't look back, either. My father built me some stilts when I was a kid and I walked everywhere in them, up and down the stairs even. I forgot about this.

3) I have seen two presidents. Dwight Eisenhower (oh god, that makes me old) was the first and I only saw the top of his bald head. I had the flu and was wearing a purple sweater with a zipper up the front. I think I puked in it. My parents took me out to see the parade he was in. I didn't really know what a president was.

The second one was JFK and I saw him a month before he was shot. It was at the Arkansas Livestock Show in Little Rock and all my friends and I skipped school to see him. It was rather sad in that as soon as people caught sight of him and got used to it, they started walking away in the middle of his speech. I'm sorry to say I did it too, because the carload of girls I was in was leaving.
I told my daughter once that I had seen two presidents and she asked me if one of them was Abraham Lincoln.

4)I know I have divulged this before, but not in its entirety. I am sorry to bring up the subject of puking again (see above), but the last time I ever threw up was St. Patrick's Day 1969. That's pretty impressive, isn't it? My kids never threw up either, when they were little. I don't know of their present upchucking history.

5) I was in an elevator with Muhammad Ali. I could have used my Wicked Witch imitation here, but I've already shared that. Also the fact that I can recite most of the Prologue of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in Old English. I'm going to do it next time I'm in line at Hannaford's.

Okay, whew. I got five. I will have to come back in and post the names of the five friends I will tag. Do I have five friends? Tune in and see.

Later in the day: Okay, here are two friends.

One is the lovely and talented
Elizabeth Graham
.

The other is the devilishly handsome and also talented

Mark Vender
.


God, I'm good at this. Pasting that computer code down like Elmer's Glue, baby.


Be here now, folks, because it's all good.

Except for the bad parts.

love,becky

5 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger Eliza Graham said...

I'm soooo impressed about the stilts!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Martha O'Connor said...

Perhaps we'll see more about the stilts in her next book! :D

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Seventeen?! Holy teeth, batgirl! You might be uniquely qualified to write an essay about being subjected to the subject. Or on how to finance a boat.

This geometric blog-tagging doesn't strike me as very sustainable -- using five each time, after the 14th tag you run out of new people on the planet to tag... If you keep it to two friends it could last a lot longer.

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Martha O'Connor said...

Oops, Becky. You've been spammed! Guess it's time to turn on the "word verification feature." :D

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

This same "askinstoo" name has spammed in here several times -- can't blogger just be asked disable that account?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home